Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 1 month ago

Was this necessary?

I’m in class and we were writing notes. I was finished writing the slide so I got on my phone. The teacher didn’t say to put it up or give me a warning. She just told me to get my stuff and leave. I don’t like making a big deal outta things or arguing so I just left and went to another teacher’s room.

She doesn’t say anything any other time and there’s no established rule that we couldn’t have them out. Also no on was sitting beside me so I was a distraction to no one

• Nathan

You're in a lesson to learn, if you have finished then you tell her that and wait to be given more work. I'm a student, even I predicted you'd be kicked out for disrespect

"so I got on my phone."  The teacher is sick of the blatant disrespect that looking at your phone in class is.

Phones should be banned in school.

Why was it necessary for you to be there? The teacher saw that you were done learning and checked out so they asked you to leave. I'm not sure why this offends you. And yes, you were bothering other people. Just because no one was "beside" you, doesn't me people are bothers/annoyed/distracted/etc.

I guess I have no idea what you are b****ing about. You said it wasn't a big deal, yet you come to complain on a public forum. Sounds like you are bothered and want everyone to tell you that you are right and the teacher is wrong. Sorry, but you are wrong.

They don't have to tell you that phones aren't allowed. It's a general rule that applies in most schools. I'm glad you didn't cause a scene out of it and that's a mature choice but you could have apologised and after class find the teacher and tell her whatever you feel like telling her about it. You could have said something like "I apologise for what happened but I didn't know that phones aren't allowed. I would really appreciate it if you warned me about it because what happened upset me."

And as about your question, no, it wasn't right for her to act like that but people make mistakes so don't take it too seriously. It happens to all of us and she was probably having a bad day.

Ever heard of authority?

Most teachers I know do not allow anything other than school/classroom material to be out during class time. It doesn't matter if you are finished with classwork or not. As long as you are inside the classroom the rule applies. Many classrooms I was in I wasn't even allowed to get out a book let alone something to play with like a phone. Things like this often cause a distraction to others around you who are trying to work. You do realize you are not the only one in the room, right?

Why can't you follow the rules and keep your phone in your bag?

I expect everyone else was busy learning and shouldn't be disturbed. You opted out.