College Application, I graduated from a public high school and was also home schooled?

I have to color in a box on the college's application: Home schooled or High School Graduated.

I was home schooled for 9th and 10th grade only than transfer to my local high school for 11th and 12th and graduated through the high school. Should I mention this on the application. My High School transcript does mention I was home schooled.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You graduated from a public high school, so you check off "High School Graduated." You say your transcript notes your prior homeschooling experience. That will suffice.

• Login to reply the answers
  • MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You graduated from high school, so you should mark the high school graduate box.

• 2 months ago

Since you graduated from high school, check the box for High School Graduate. 

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since admission decisions aren't based on the type of high school you attended, I don't see any reason to mention it.  Unless you're applying to an Ivy League school or want an athletic scholarship, all that matters is your unweighted GPA, the rigor of your coursework, and your SAT/ACT scores.

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

You should mention whatever GPA they ask for.  But always the unweighted.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.