Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 2 months ago

Friend says water is disgusting...?

I have a friend who only drinks soda, juice and ginger ale with water once in a while because the water tastes disgusting to him...is this a normal thing?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Katie
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

In some parts of the country the water tastes horrible - it has to be boiled BEFORE it can be drunk.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, it's not normal and it's unhealthy to avoid drinking water.

• 2 months ago

Ew. Watered down ginger ade sounds awful. I could not stomach that.

• 2 months ago

It is now. I read lots of questions from little snow flakes about how "plain water makes me gag" or some other nonsense.

My answer is, you simply haven't been thirsty enough.

remind your friend that the #1 ingredient in her soda and juice(ginger ale is also soda) is water.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

i've seen it before. the tap water where i grew up is amazing, but where i'm going to college it sucks.

when people say water sucks, i have to think they mean the specific gravity and/or mouthfeel is unpleasant. no matter what people say, i know for a gorram fact that not all water tastes the same!

• Tyler
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

generally. tap water can taste quite diverse depending on its source, but many people arent big on bottled water either. part of it is because our taste buds become accustomed to sweeter things and water is, quite bland. 

Cold water "tastes" much better than room temperature water and it isn't too hard to infuse light flavors into it to make it taste much better. 

• 2 months ago

City water can have a lot of additives in it (for sterilization) and it does taste way different than heavily iron loaded well water.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That's not normal and is very unhealthy.

• 2 months ago

It isn't a usual thought in my society. Normal is just a point of view of how something is, shared by the majority of people in a society. Conduct a poll including the people in your society, and then you will have your answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.