Is this one difference between poor people and rich people?

When a poor person comes into a rather large sum of money, the first thing they think of is where can they spend that money.  When a rich person comes into a rather large sum of money, the first thing they think of is where can they invest that money to make more money

Favorite Answer

Indeed it is. One of the differences.         

Rich people have more money

• John H

Simplistic, but essentially on point. The poor person seeks, first, to elevate lifestyle. The RICH person already has the elevated lifestyle, so investment is a more viable option than it is with the poor.

• Foofa

It's obvious that a poor person would have spend rather than save just to cover their basics. But when that extends to luxury products, yeah, that's a problem with some people.

Zeph 1:13-18 jw.org

That would be true. Being able to control you spending habits is how you increase your wealth, regardless of how much money you have. There was a time when my husband and I slept on a pallet on the floor of our new house instead of buying some furniture and drapes. Because he decided we needed to spend that money buying stock in Clorox at $1/share. We should have not bought the house and put that money into buying the stock. One of the fortunes we don't have.

Yep...............

This is so deep!  Rich people already have money and don't have to pay off bills.  Anything they need/want?  They already have it!

I disagree, I am a poor person and if I came into a lot of money I would pay off my debt and presuming there was still a lot of money left then I would think what I could invest it in to make more money, hopefully I would buy a large business and go to work every day - at least if I owned the country then I could decide when and if I wanted to go to work that day.