How much will car insurance go up for a minor at fault accident in MA?

I have a 2018 Dodge Charger RT 21,000 miles.  Rear end accident at less than 3mph.  No damage to my car and I am not sure what damage they are going to come up with (zero visible damage), so let's assume less than $2,000.  On average, how will this affect my insurance premium? 

Thanks in advance

Geico BTW

• May

It may not go up at all.  But....Only your insurance company knows if or how much it may rise.  You can ask them.......but I wouldn't.  Why?  I wouldn't want to call attention to my policy.

You will know if it goes up at your next renewal date.

"Let sleeping dogs lie"

Who knows?  Insurance companies don't seem to follow any logic over this.

Anything from none, to a little, to a lot.  It depends on what the involved insurance providers decide.

• g

Who was determined to be at fault, Joe?  You or the other motorists?

If it was the other motorist your premium cost should not change whatsoever.  

If you were at fault it will most definitely increase based on the formula of your insurance provider.  

I'm not involved in the insurance business, sorry, but I am a used car dealer and I interact with many people with car related issues, some have included insurance issues.  First, let me say, that different insurance companies can have different business practices, and not all will behave the same as the next.  But I have had customers who had a clean driving record, were struck by another driver, and lost the "safe driver discount".  Apparantly, for them, the discount applies only to drivers who avoid accidents entirely, so while he had to pay more for his premium, technically his premium didn't increase, his discount just evaporated for a few years.  Depending on the insurnace company, this could potentially be true, even if there are no damages paid, because a claim for $0 is still a claim.  A driver who has an at fault accident suffers all of the above, but also is hit an the at fault accident and the premium increases accordingly.  Is this fair?  I'm not going to claim that it is or isn't, I'm just stating what some of my customers have experienced.

Since it is probably the fault of the driver that hit you, it should not affect your insurance.

Basically 3 MPH is nothing to see on their end either...unless you hit a wheelchair or a crowd of people.  Bumpers are made to take 5MPH bumps and spring right back(like a bumper car).  So, probably none as they will ask you to pay from your deductible.  Meaning cash out of your wallet FIRST as your deductible(it will say on your insurance paper what the deductible is...you pay the first couple thousand dollars - then the insurance kicks in if the damage is higher than the deductible.      Your car has "sht" for a front bumper so if you got nothing, then they got nothing.

Insurance is not involved in paying out money so THEY are not involved at all.   So, no hit at all...to your rates.

You "wake up" and don't do that thing again...episode.

• Lv 7

Bumpers used to be made to take 5 mph, but these days they are made for 2.5 mph, so 3 mph is probably around the cutoff point.