K asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

What do you think having a dirty and messy home says about a person?

To me it says they're lazy and undisciplined.

Here's the irony:  Dirt contains bacteria and viruses and these build our immune system.  Our body is comprised of the very same constituents as "the dust of the earth" or dirt.  I guess that's just a coincidence that the people that wrote the Bible knew that thousands of years ago.  Yeah...pure luck.  That explains it.  Sure. 

Now when things smell that's probably a clear warning sign to us to make changes.  Like mold, rot, etc.  Clearly those are repulsive and objectionable instinctually and can be a health issue as well. 

Think of how babies and young children love to explore the floor, dirt, etc.  They are constantly putting things in their mouths.  This strengthens their immune system.  Ever notice how many people die of infections these days?  Their immune system is allowing that infection to overcome their body. 

Attempting to maintain a sterile house is also a ridiculous undertaking in itself.  There are about a billion bacteria in your mouth right now.  Is that clean?  Your own mouth is a bacteria breeding ground and there's nothing you can do about it.  See how insane this is?  Its only good for companies selling cleaning products. 

Spend more time learning biology and less time wiping the counter fruitlessly. 

perhaps the person is DEPRESSED or ILL

• Penny1 month agoReport

Physically ill, to be sure.  Although I have found that being in a wheelchair makes it easier to see the dust bunnies under the furniture.

That you have discovered a lazy bastard, and a dedicated scruffy sod who doesn't give a ****, and is best left to wallow in his own filth.

You probably smell bad...down there

• Stache1 month agoReport

It was asked what does it say about a person. My immediate assumption is that the person with a messy home has bad hygiene. Thank you for clarifying my own response though

To me it shows that they are genetically related to Christian Weston Chandler.

says they are a goat

sleazy sloppy snarky and slattern

That just depends on why that home is dirty and messy is it because they don't want to clean it is it because they don't have time to clean it is it because their children or their pets are constantly messing it up? I don't think there is one answer to this question unless more facts are known

It says a lot of things about the person.

1. He is lazy and lathargic.

2. Lacks decipline.

3. Doesn't care much about hygiene.

4. Lacks motivation.

5. Has major time management issues.

It all boils down to whether or not you want to do it. He may complain about lack of time, but in the end if he wants to do it, he will find the time. It's all about the mind set and not about the time.

Laziness.

I can't live in a dirty home, i am easily disgusted. I don't know how homeless people cope sleeping on the bare ground etc.

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

"Homeless" doesn't mean you "sleep on the bare ground" -- only that you have no permanent residence.

I'm would say that cleaning is not a priority for them. I've known perfectly nice and good people who just aren't clean and organized.