Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 1 month ago

Who usually does the flower girls hair and makeup if it's not professionally done? Can I (the bride) get her ready?

I'm not sure how to reply anonymously so I'm just gonna update, my flower girl is on the older side and I checked with her mom and she said it's alright for makeup, I'm not gonna have her wearing heavy makeup or anything!!

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

At my wedding, the flower girl's mom got her ready. But if you have the time to get her ready (just because everybody apparently thinks you won't doesn't mean you won't...had I been asked to get my flower girl ready, I could have found the time to do so extremely easily) and want to do it, I would say go for it.

do not ask strangers what YOU should do to a random little girls hair (makeup?) for your wedding.. what an odd question!

The parents of the flower girl deal with that.

There's no law which says a bride can't fix the flower girl's hair. I don't see why it seems like a problem

Normally the bride pays for the wedding party to get their hair done at the same time at a salon with a run through about a month before you will know what looks right and how much time it takes to get ready before the wedding.

It's your wedding.. you can if you want. Time may be a problem though..

Flower girls are generally children; so don't wear make-up. It's up to them / their parents who does their hair.

• drip

Make up. Even if she is older. A touch of lipstick is all that is needed unless she is a teenager. 

You the bride will NOT have the time. Assign this to someone else.

• Kelly

For children in a wedding, their parents get them ready.

Define older...   I have 2 daughters about to be in a wedding who are 3 and 8 and when asked that question about makeup it was a hard & quick no.  Kids don't look natural in makeup no matter how thick or light it is.  Kids need to look like ... kids.  I'm having my girls hair professionally done because fancy hairdo's aren't my forte.

If they wanted to try an conquer getting them ready ...  peace be with them.  Both my girls have long & thick natural curl hair with short attention spans for having their hair done.

I also have 2 older daughters and the day I married their step-dad, I didn't have time to get them ready myself.  I had their hair professionally done and their aunt helped me to get them ready, their dad's sister (friendly divorce).

The flower girls mom typically or guardian of a sort