Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

are there any good faiths/religions for gay people, where gay relationships are not seemed unacceptable, and gay people are respected?

• Pontus

Of course:

1. Many non-Christian religions have no problem with non-heterosexuals. 

2. There are some Christian versions that do accept it, either partially (believing it's wrong but not condemning the sinner, as with any other sin) or entirely (not believing it's a sin).

3. All the haters on here can bad mouth those religions all they want.  They nevertheless exist. 

4. I belonged to a Christian religion that officially taught homosexuality (and other non-heterosexualities) were a sin.  Many of my fellow practitioners and I though, didn't believe that, having known many people of "alternate" sexualities and believing that it was crazy for God to expect people to fight the sexuality he gave them.

5. I now am ex-Christian and currently agnostic.  My wife and daughter are Christian but don't believe in official churches.  They  won't debate specific beliefs with anybody, and fully accept that love is love, regardless of the genders involved. 

6. Those Christians who hate gays because of the Bible often have tattoos and wear clothing of two different fabrics (also forbidden in the Bible), among other things, but defend those because those are under the "Old Law" but still accept the anti-gay parts.

7. Jesus told people not to judge.  It's up to God to punish sin.  Not us.  There are no people without sin.  Hating gays etc is just pure un-Christian nonsense. 

NOT IF THEY "WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH" (JOHN 4:23-24)

AND YOUR "TEMPLE" IS MESSED UP WITH "AN ABOMINATION" TO THE LORD (Leviticus 18:22)!

15 "Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (I Corinthians 6:15-20)!

Religions are a kind of ancient sciences about the World. And they give recommendations for increasing population and military power..

Yes. Church of Satan

I live near Wilton Manors Florida, a very gay community.

Gay people are the norm and everyone accepts and respects them...

Not so hard...

The Unitarian Universalist churches are more a accepting of the modern variations seen in society today. Seems you’ll get less stares and more acceptance

atheism........