Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Spiritually speaking, many spiritual teachings emphasize helping others, but isn't it also correct to  see we cannot "save the world"?

Often times I see it is promoted to "help others." I have an incredible drive to help also, yet I began to realize after being burned out trying to take on everybody suffering, that suffering is an inherent fact of life. I read stories of being like Jesus who used great compassion. But even Jesus couldn't stop the flow of suffering in the world.  I often now wonder what the actual meaning of helping others entails. Perhaps spiritual teachers meant if we help heal ourselves and do the inner work, we can be more present and loving, which in turn helps the world. But I definitely cannot see the idea of trying to fix everything.

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

fix what you can, its better than nothing. 

GOD has a wonderful purpose for humans. He created the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, to live in a beautiful garden. His purpose was for them to have children, to make the whole earth a paradise, and to take care of the animals.​—Genesis 1:28; 2:8, 9, 15

Do you think that we will ever live in a paradise? Jehovah tells us: “I have purposed it, and I will also carry it out.” (Isaiah 46:9-11; 55:11) Yes, he will do what he has purposed, and nothing will stop him. Jehovah says that he created the earth for a reason. He “did not create it simply for nothing.” (Isaiah 45:18) He wants people to live all over the earth. What kind of people does God want to live here, and for how long? The Bible says: “The righteous [or, obedient] will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”​—Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4.

Source(s): Jw.org

Only Jehovah God through his Son Christ Jesus can saved those in this world who choose  to serve him. God always gives a warning and he always make a way out. 

He’s been giving a warning about the destruction that will soon come about. The way out is being preached now. That’s how I try to help people. If you don’t have life there’s nothing else that matters. Life is precious so I try to help people to come to know God’s love, mercy, compassion, forgiveness, and his underserved kindness. He’s willing to save all who want to live under his righteous government. He is not an unloving God who will torment humans forever in a burning hell. That’s a lie that Satan want people to believe and passed on so that some may have a reason not to want to serve God.

God’s Kingdom is what will save humans and bring about real peace and will fix human problems. This is what I share with people who want to hear it, it means their life, a better life. I try to be helpful as much as I can in other ways within my circumstances. I may not always be able to help physically or materially, but I do want I can, when I can.

The Virgin Mary is Our Lady of Perpetual Help. It is good to honor her daily by reciting her rosary with care and sincerity. She can help one with any problem in life.

Judaism & Christianity teach that God created humanity in His image and likeness, giving him charge over looking after His physical creation on Earth. That is why both those faiths teach that life is a sacred gift and that we should honor other humans as being in God's image, even though many act more like devils! The big mistake is to suppose you are better than others, because you are kind, charitable and self-sacrificing. 

Christianity points us to the uncreated Son of God who so identified with horrible humanity, that He left Heaven to come and be one of us, born in poverty, dying in ignominy. He suffered such abasement in order to lift humanity up, back to God their Creator. But not everyone wants that elevation. They prefer darkness, not the light of Christ. Nevertheless, those who would follow Jesus remember that He "went about doing good and healing people." Jesus said that material things were not important, but to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, then all necessary things would be added to us. Christians should set that example. Only at Jesus' return to Earth will He 'fix everything'.

We can’t fix everything or everyone, but showing compassion toward others when it’s obviously needed works, as we’re doing our part in helping. Because you’ve a need to help isn’t a guarantee all will accept it or your efforts will work. If only one person changes due to your effort, you’ll have made a big change. Consider them moving forward and offering the same to others.

• yesmar

Correct, we cannot as individuals save the world, we can only change our personal sphere of influence, but even that has "ripple" effects.

Source(s): Jesus follower

We can't even save ourselves, much less the world. Do the best you can with what God gave you and leave the rest to him.

Pleas help this old atheist....

Describe "Spiritual"....

Thanks...