Sherry asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

are tiny designer dogs healthy?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Not sure, never eaten one

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Mixed breed dogs are generally healthier, less chance of genetic disorders. But small dogs usually have problems of their own and live much shorter lives.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes. Me basset hound be a designer dog. 

• Andrew S1 month agoReport

Basses Hounds are very prone to back and leg problems since they are essentially the midgets of the dog world.

• 1 month ago

No. They are bred way too small and have weak hearts and anemia and die very young.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No generally not because most are produced in puppy mills and their related conditions... The rest by back yard breeders. and the attraction is the money that some idiots are prepared to pay for  substandard dogs

• 1 month ago

There is a study showing that dogs like goldendoodles, labradoodles, etc are more healthier than purebred dogs. The reason they are saying this is because a purebred for example a great dane and a great dane will only have great dane issues such as hip displysia, bloat, etc but they are suggesting if you mix a great dane with a poodle (danedoodle; real thing they have done it) it lessens the chances of the health issues...So like mixing a golden retriever and a poodle together not only do they think they make a hypoallergenic dog they really don't. The truth in it is maybe 1 puppy out of the whole little is truly hypoallergenic while the others don't produce the amount of dander a golden would...This is the reasoning behind people mixing two breeds together. While I think they are on to something good with doing something like this they need to do some more digging. And change the pricing. They are ultimately charging $3500 for a mix breed and calling it a purebred.

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

they have small brains and low intelligence

• 1 month ago

No.

Its a myth that mixes are healthier for one thing.   Many dogs of similar size/type are prone to the same genetic conditions...  So you do not eliminate the odds of producing those issues with crossbreeding.

A purebred from genetically tested bloodlines is going to have a far better chance at good health than a mutt from untested lines

• ...Show all comments
    • Nekkid Truth!
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

My purebreds have been far healthier than any mutt I ever had.  The mutt we had when I was a kid had bad hip displasia

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. They are not healthy at all.

• 1 month ago

For the most part, but particular breeds may be susceptible to ailments such as skin or breathing problems, allergies, etc. Always research before adopting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.