Should I report racist comments to employer?

An acquaintance of mine is a bus driver at a local school district. She posted comments on FB yesterday about her dislike of Muslims. When I called her out on it, she doubled down on defending her opinions towards Muslims. This bothers me a lot since I know she has a few Muslim students on her bus route. I'm torn as to whether I should make her employer aware of her FB comments. Help?

• Foofa

You should report it as the religious bigotry it is. Just make sure you leave race out of it because that'll make you sound crazy. Muslims come in every race.

You can think whatever you want.  Just don't write or say it.  Report it.

It is totally wrong for a person who feels the needs to publicly disparage a race of people to be in charge of children of that race. Yes, point out the publicly posted comments to the school district. Let them decide what to do, if anything. 

I would not feel bad about reporting that.

Yes. Please report this, you'd be doing her students a favor. I would feel like it's my duty to report such a thing if I became knowledgable of it. 

Who are you to "call out" anyone for what they think? Do you think you're so virtuous that you're beyond reproach?

Sure, I reported it at my workplace

Better suggestion, Leisa:  Get a book that explains the Muslim religion, maybe from your local library or at a bookstore like Barnes & Noble, and thereby promote tolerance through education.  You might do a bit of research from which this woman would benefit, too---like reviewing the violence of the Bible's Old Testament that far exceeds anything the Muslim faith's Quran might have.  A copy of our Melting Pot nation's Constitution, especially the First and Fourteenth Amendments, might remind this anti-Muslim public employee that the United States is not and was never meant to be a Christian nation---all faith choices have equal protections under the law.  

What your acquaintance might not know: Propaganda was used throughout the Cheney-manipulated Reagan/Bush, then Bush/Quayle administrations to falsely demonize Muslims of oil-rich nations (Cheney and the Bush family both oilmen).  As a "60 Minutes" segment exposed in the 1991 election year, the Koch-controlled Republican National Committee, on behalf of an unpopular then-presidential candidate GHW Bush, recruited a D.C.-based right-wing leaning Hill & Knowlton public relations firm to falsely paint Iraq's leader Saddam Hussein as a "villain" for a WAG-THE-DOG (fake war) operation designed to highlight George Herbert Walker Bush's military experience in an effort to put down the two political challengers with no such experience, Bill Clinton and Ross Perot.  The ever-evil hidden-agenda Dick Cheney worked as CIA director under an out-of-his-gourd Alzheimer's-afflicted Reagan (who was what Koch-picked economic terrorist Grover Norquist said the GOP wants in its candidates for President: "Someone pliable with enough digits to sign whatever we put in front of him"), and then as the Chief of Staff, shaping self-serving corrupt policies from the 1980s on, to include using a Cheney-established "CIA" within the CIA answerable to no one but Cheney to DUPE Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein into being our nation's "best buddy in the Middle East" while simultaneously setting up Sunni Muslim Saddam for treachery.  The first military action against Iraq for GHW Bush was a total LIE-BASED CHENEY-ARRANGED SET-UP, the "60 Minutes" research team found out---a PR operation designed to fool the American public into wrongly believing Saddam Hussein was heinous (not true), using a Kuwaiti woman in anti-Saddam ads who wooed the American people by claiming (falsely) that "Saddam sends his soldiers into Kuwaiti hospitals to steal the incubators, leaving the babies on the cold hospital floor"---the implication being that Saddam Hussein was invading Kuwait on the sly to get uranium, which "60 Minutes" proved was utterly false!  This woman in the ads that GHW Bush pretended not to know when he went before Congress to convince our elected representatives to authorize use of force and a "No Fly Zone" in the 1991 election year as a trick to get higher poll numbers was the Kuwaiti Ambassador's daughter who had been to the White House on more than one occasion!  In other words, GHW Bush (like his son) lied to the American people and to Congress so that Halliburton/KBR-owning Dick Cheney would weaken oil-rich Iraq for a possible eventual stronghold in the even-oil-richer Middle East.  

Tell your anti-Muslim (fear-based, probably) acquaintance she has been duped, and warn her that you feel compelled to bring her anti-Muslim (anti-Constitutional) public statements to the attention of her boss if she doesn't make an attitude adjustment.

If you can anonymously report, then yes. It’s crucial we act on evidence of premeditated hatred before it occurs, obvious with any headline we read lately.