Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

When you get a new cooker. How long do you leave the oven to for it to be able to work?

• C
    Favorite Answer

Read the manual.  You don't need to let it settle like a fridge but you may need to heat it up to burn off an interior protective coating,* a bit like you need to boil a new kettle and pour the water out a few times before it's ready for use.  It'll say in the manual.

* If there is one this is added at the factory to protect the interior in storage, it has nothing to do with the home life of the oven.

• denise

As far as I know, you can use it straight away, once its been [plumbed in].

• IvaB

I haven't a clue what a "new cooker" is,or what you mean by "leaving the oven to for it to be able to work".

Odkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Clive

Why doesn't it work immediately?

Why do you need to leave the oven?  Hook up the cooker, switch on the oven.

• Goerge

What exactly is a cooker? A rice cooker obviously doesn't belong in the oven so can I safely assume you are to for trolling? A person who cooks isn't a cooker either nor do they belong in an oven. 

If it's a gas oven it should be able to work as soon as you see the cook-top burners are working. This assumes the pilot light is lit and the oven is getting gas. 

I also didn't understand the question because there usually isn't waiting involved for the oven to work. And it's not just the language barrier. It's me, not you. 

• Goerge

My apologies, it's always active time for trolls which are plentiful on this site. 

read the manual