Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 months ago

My wife is never happy. What’s the deal of her ?

Every day is a complaint. She complain about our son eating pizza but guess who hasn’t cooked in about 14 years? Our daughter does all of the cooking since she’s in culinary school and that’s her passion. Wife always acts irritated when daughter is in the kitchen cooking.she talks about our daughter makes a mess but our daughter always cleans up after herself so I feel like she’s mad at something else.  So I was like “ you complain about our son eating pizza. Why don’t you cook him something he will eat.” I work 12 hour days I’m too tired to cook. If she’s so mad with our daughter cooking and our son eating fast food then she knows what to do. My wife said in regard to our daughter “ I hope she’s not cooking tonight. I hate all this crap on the counter.” I was like “ what Is your problem. The girl got to eat so she’s cooking a meal.” My wife will have me to go buy her Burger King and Popeyes and tell me make sure it’s not cold. I was like “ why don’t you ever drive to get your own food to ensure it’s not cold You have a car.” Wife claims she doesn’t like to leave the house on her off day. She wakes up at 12 pm on her off day and then watches tv all day and night. She works retail. Wife complains about not having any money and is mad that our daughter boyfriend buys her gifts a lot. I was like “ he doesn’t have a mortgage. That’s how he can afford all the gifts. Just be grateful you have this big house and a nice car. I can’t afford to buy gifts. 

Favorite Answer

She sounds awful, but this reads like the 2 of you are just slinging insults or annoyance at each other without bothering to truly communicate.   If you've fallen into a long term pattern of doing this, it's hard to get back on track.  Have you considered couples counseling?   It's not a punishment, it can actually be fascinating.   If you don't want to do that, it's your call, but then it doesn't make much sense to complain about it.  

She sounds bitter twisted and lazy, does she complain during sex? Get rid of her and move on

Your wife sounds like an ungrateful bitter person, to be honest.

I think she's jealous because im assuming the daughter cooks for everyone so she may be feels like the motherly role has been taken away from her. 

I don't know what her problem is.

You're still with her.  I'm more interested in your problem.

Some people just can't be happy no matter what their circumstances.

What kind of work do you do that you're working 12 hours a day, is that 7 days a week? Your wife works 6 days a week, what is she doing, what kind of work does she do? Hades, I see what's wrong with her, she isn't getting any sex unless that is her job, and what she is getting can't be very good, her nerves are ground down to the nubs. She needs a relief pitcher, someone who can bring the heat, all you been throwing her is junk, she needs something she can knock out of the park, she needs a man to love on her then she needs a really good screwing. 

I guess she is not happy in the marriage

Is it possible she has depression? It's a very common and serious mental illness, a lot of times it does go un-detected/untreated. Also, the other thing it can be is she's just unhappy in life for no apparent reason!

I know the the type, my sister is exactly that! She has everything handed to her on a silver platter! She is married to a great guy who treats her like royalty, yet all she does is complain about how he works too much or drinks too much etc. She has 2 children and she has all kinds of people who help her, yet all she does is ***** about how exhausting it is etc. She's miserable with everyone, never has really a nice thing to say about anyone, is incredibly judgemental etc! I have learned to take what she says with no value, she's just miserable in life no matter what. 

Your wife could either be mentally ill, miserable, or a combo of both.

She's just entitled, and her standard have been raised so much that even the slightest of discomfort irritates her or maybe she's just a miserable old lady.