Luke asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 month ago

Sloth experience in Australia?

I’m not even sure if this is a thing anywhere. Let alone in Australia. My girlfriends favourite animal is a sloth. For her birthday I would love to get her the opportunity to get up close with one. Does anyone if this exists anywhere in Australia? 

• Ocimom

I would imagine the zoos in Australia have sloths.

Last I heard, the last zoo kept sloth had died, and they are not native, meaning that a pet is out of the question.

Yea, I love bats and would love to go to a sanctuary in Texas that has fruit bats and micro bats. Doubting that will ever happen though, There is a big bat clinic in NE au, that would be nice.

Maybe check with your zoos and see if there are any possible sloths for future.

• patty

I am sure one zoo would have them. I doubt u could touch one etc

How the Hell can we know? This site is WORLDWIDE. Sloths don't occur naturally in Australia so there wouldn't be any rehabilitation centers for them. Save your money and fly to Costa Rica with her.

I believe the last one in Australia (Adelaide Zoo) died 2 years ago.

Just show her trouser snake