dalia asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 month ago

Discover IT student card?

Hi, i’m a college kid who just recently applied to the Discover It student card in hopes of starting to build my credit history like it claims i can do. However, i got a letter in the mail saying i was declined due to lack of credit history lol. Since i’m still a newbie, I have no idea if this is an error on their end or if im missing something. Please help, thank youuu!

This is not an error on their end. "Student" credit cards are for students who have already started to build their credit history. You cannot start building your credit history by applying for a student credit card. That was an error on your end.

Go to 

investopedia.com

search gaining your first line of credit with no credit on report

This tells on this site everything you need to know how to start with just $200 on making your first credit and your rights on getting your free reports and how to see it and how to grow bigger but it takes a person who wants to.

• Judy

Will one of your parents cosign for you?

You can get a secured card if you have $200.

I did not get my first major credit card until I was 23 with a full time job.