Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 2 months ago

Needs advice regarding uncleared check?

The company that I worked with was closed by the FTC last month in the morning. That very afternoon I went to the bank to encash my salary check which I received a week before the company was closed. However, the company’s bank account was already frozen. I need your advice as to what I can do to collect this check. 

Thank you.

You may have to retain a lawyer and sue the company. If they plan on going through bankruptcy court and your lawyer gets you on the list of debtors to pay then you might recover your monies. If they have already closed their doors due to bankruptcy you might try civil court. Either way, you may have to hire an attorney or at the very least seek out legal advice how to deal with this issue.

you will have to file a claim.

If the FTC is liquidating the company, employees will usually be paid first. 

About the only thing you can do is file a claim in bankruptcy. This is a long process and those filing seldom get anything approaching the amount they were due. You are probably out of luck.