Lv 6
OC asked in TravelCaribbeanCuba · 2 months ago

Cuba Travel?

I am a U.S. citizen and plan to travel to Cuba first quarter of next year under the category "Support of the Cuban people". I was thinking to attend a Spanish School in Havana. Would this qualify? Any tips are very much appreciated.

3 Answers

  • You will need a visa and your pass port. The most time you can spend in Cuba as a US citizen is 30 days. There's no selection like that on a Cuban travel visa. After the 30 days are up and if you want to have more time in Cuba, you would have to get the visa renewed by the consulate, but there are no guarantees. Specially when it comes to finding a job or a home in Cuba when you're a foreigner in their country. 

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Your question has two parts.

    You could travel to Cuba . Your "Support of the Cuban  people" is a minor thing but a technical requirement of US trade sanction laws.

    Being a student at some school is up to the school to let you be a student.

    The government of Cuba decides how long they will let you stay in country.

    A long course may require a VISA from the Cuban Government.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    I've been reading comments on this on travel boards like Fodor's and Tripadvisor.com. Apparently, you only have to say that you are going to support the Cuban people on your application. They don't check up on what you're actually doing once you get there. 

    Please remember this when you vote next year- Obama opened up travel to Cuba; Trump shut it down again. 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.