2FollowHim asked in EnvironmentConservation · 2 months ago

Does anyone know the success rate for rehabilitation for the homeless?

Where they become useful, contributing members of society?

Didn't know where to put this topic, maybe you know?

Appreciate it.

depends on the person, some people do pretty good while others dont, ive stayed in shelters myself but now i have my own place but still cant get a job

I work with them- a majority are burnt out drug addics or mental cases that really have no chance of rehabilitating, yet we as a society aren't ready to "get rid" of them.

• ron h
      2 days agoReport

I've wondered that same thing.  I've got no experience or training, but it seems to me that long-homelessness would just about be a death sentence.  I dunno if it's religion itself or if it's being among friendly people in churches. 

• martin

It's extremely low, and usually happens only when someone rehabilitates, then relapses, then rehabilitates again, back and forth until finally, usually, getting completely rehabilitated through religion.

location? location? Can cite surveys from Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government if required