What is you favorite piece of art (painting, sculpture, architecture, etc.) and why do you like it? Does it remind you of something?

• KJC
    1 week ago

This is a really difficult question to answer. I'm going to select the flying horse from the Tan dynasty in China. Looking at it makes me feel free and happy. Horses are a common symbol for the freedom of humans, maybe because that's how seeing them makes us feel. China was very much a horse culture in its earlier days.

The leaping horse' by John Constable.

• martin

Rembrandt's portraits actually make you feel that the subject is alive. You see his or her personality.

I have a couple favorites. I like Matisse's Le Bonheur de Vivre because of the beautiful colors and dreamlike scene. I also like Mondrian's Composition in Red, Blue, and Yellow because it shows the essence of all paintings: red, blue, and yellow (primary colors); black and white; horizontal and vertical lines. It captures the building blocks of art. I like Durer too (especially his woodcuts) because of the insane detail he put into all his works

• Ludwig

The 'Crying Boy' by Giovanni Bragolin.

Chat questions not allowed. Read the guidelines you claimed to read and agree with. Reported.