Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Teenage daughter smoking weed all the time?

I am not sure that I should even be concerned... Her grades are fine and nothing in her life seems to be going downhill, but some part of me can't help but worry. My daughter is 16 years old and she smokes pot every single day. When I first found out she was smoking I assumed it was only on weekend with friends and I wasn't all that concerned, but she smokes it out of her bedroom window and I can smell it several times throughout most days of the week as well as the weekend. What should I do? Should I leave her alone unless I notice a change, or should I do something before it gets to that point?

Simply take all of her weed and smoke it yourself, or for a fun prank, put some weed in your local church incense burner OR ask her why she smokes so much and try to make sure it's not cuz of depression or something like that.

lock her in her room and make a doggy door so you can slide food and water in. then for the bathroom problems, buy diapers or her. then when she poops in them, she can slide them out to you.

So everyone is right and I'm not gonna repeat anything they've said. But I think you should stop it. Cause it's a known fact and seen it for myself with my ex step sister and many others. That smoking every day at a young age at 16. Slows their brain development. Everyone says weed is just a plant and not dangerous. I don't smoke however I'm not against it. But trust me. There are a couple 20 to 24 year Olds out there ( people I'm referring to) that still have the brain mentality and function of a 16/17 year old. Your daughter will rely on weed just to get by when she gets older and have hard relationships because she will be unbearable unless she "smokes" trust me. Stop it now. She won't understand. But be the parent and stop it. Even if she hates you. You're at least trying to help her have a future and to find joy in life and not in a joint

Trolling, trolling, trolling.

Do you get high around her?  If not, end it.  If not for the negative effects is has to a less than fully formed brain, then because it is against the law and a slap in the face disrespect because she knows it isn't allowed in the house and she is ignoring the rule.  Stopping her isn't going to make her stop getting high, but making it more difficult will make her smoke less.  Another way to do so is to swipe the stash she keeps in her room (no need to admit to the crime, it is your house).

If you do get high around her anything you do would be hypocritical.

you should probably stop. smoking weed everyday is bad. like like like like like really bad :(

The problem is you don't know where the weed is coming from. There is tons of weed out there that's laced with other substances that can cause either bad reactions or serious consequences. I had a friend growing up who used to smoke weed on the weekends. She'd get the same weed from the same supplier. One day, was a new type and was laced which landed her in the hospital as her lungs pooled with blood because it sliced her lungs up. You just never really know and being 16, I highly highly doubt she's taking ANY precautions with who her dealer is or where she's getting it. That's my first concern. My second is how often she's smoking it. I know 2 people who smoked it on the regular, again you never know what this stuff is laced with. My cousin is now mentally retarded because it messed him up so bad.. and the 2nd she's losing her voice box and sounds like a 70 year old woman while she's only 24.

You are the parent, it's YOUR job to make sure she's safe and that means with  everything she's doing. If the weed was clean, then you have nothing to worry about, but you seriously just never know.

I had a friend who went with her friend to meet some guy and go smoke,  they went to his house and his buddies were there,  they proceeded to rape this girl and her friend.  If my daughter is going to do it I would rather have my daughter do it in the safety of her own home, not exposing herself to violence and sexual assault.  She will do it regardless of whether or not I forbid her and as such, I would rather not see her end up in a ditch because I feared her doing it responsibly in my home.  Teach her about moderation, let her know that you are concerned with the amount she is using.  A couple of light hits before bed is the same basic things most adults do with a few drinks before bed.  At least that won't kill her liver and send her to an early and extremely painful death like alcohol will.  Let her know if she needs to be sober for some activity (like not smoking and driving, or not doing it at family functions, etc...)  Otherwise, I personally would allow it.  

Damn. Your daughter will end up being a stoner. You need to discipline her.

you could put her in rehab