Why would someone wear a wrist watch when they have a cell phone?

Because it's friggin' annoying to pull out the cell phone every time you need to see what time it is..there...point blank

Because unlike you, not everyone is connected at the hip with/to their cell phone

Sometimes cell phones cannot be held in hands in that case there are wristwatches

To look cool. Almost everyone has a watch still.

It is more convenient to glance at my wrist than to pull my phone off my belt to look at the screen.

habit maybe???

It's much faster and easier to look at a watch than to pull out a phone.

Watches can go places that phones can't.

• keerok

Some people use their phone for calls and messages only. These are the same people who don't hold their phones the whole day or have it with them wherever they go. They can live days, weeks, months or years even without a cellphone.

On another note, you'll find some of them use real cameras to take pictures, compute simple math in their head, and spell words correctly without the aid of an auto-correct feature. I'm one of those people!

I find it easier to look at than pull out my cell phone.

I think partly because people feel not totally dressed up without a watch.  Think of a man in a suit trying to look very businesslike and serious.  You'd see him with a watch, a PRESTIGE watch, like a Rolex.

And partly,  if you very often need to know what time it is, it's more convenient to just raise your left wrist than to dig a cellphone out of your pocket or purse.  This is also the reason that wristwatches mostly replaced pocket watches about 100 years ago.