How does one become a paranormal investigator?

Idk if I believe in it but sounds like a fun job tbh 

I dont wanna be one actually i just wonder how one would even go abt doing that

• Mr. P
    Favorite Answer

Best way is to contact an established group online that is local to you. Good for discussion and you will probably end up reviewing video and sound.

Groups also share evidence and have online meets so you can be invited to other groups also.

Once you are known they will probably invite you out on investigations.

Be warned it can be very boring and take quite a bit of time. If you have 8 cameras running for 6 hours and also 8 EVP recorders running in 1 hour samples then that is 96 hours of media you have to sit through before the next investigation, plus you may be asked to visit the city records office, make appointments and search through records to investigate the past of the property.

Even worse is newspaper articles dating to the time of the research as there may be no record system for those other than miles of microfilm. Sometimes you can see a pattern as they usually print obits in the same place in the paper, but reports of accidents and deaths can be anywhere in the main text.

I used to be one for a local team, and did research for a larger team that was on TV, but took a lot of time up, so am just on forums and doing my own thing now.

You don't get paid for it and is not really a career, and is just at a hobby level.

• Dr. NG

As a hobby, just call yourself one. As a career, you'll probably never make a dime. An exception is this guy, you might want to read his stuff. I put the link in the comments

• Dr. NG

https://www.joenickell.com/ParanormalInvestigator/paranormalinvestigator1.html

You are already a paranormal investigator if you have looked into any form of paranormal. Even if you just looked under your bed for monsters when you were a child, you were investigating a paranormal event. It is not a recognised job that you train for. Most do this for free for their own curiosity but once you know how to spot the normal before paranormal, you could offer your services for a charge. You could even offer to share any profit made from your findings. A lot of people don't know this but a locksmith is also not a recognised trade. It is just the name given to a person who picks locks and has an understanding of them.

I tell you what is a fun job - debt collecting! Is there any more fun than tormenting and intimidating the impoverished? I think not. 

To be a paranormal investigator first you do a plumbing apprenticeship, I know that because I saw it on Ghost Hunters, and that is a show with great authority and credibility. 

It's a scam!! Those guys only have jobs because of stupid people watching TV

• Joey2 months agoReport

I know, i just wanna run around and pretend to talk to ghosts and get paid for it

Follow the example of many snake oil salesmen. Look up everyone from David Icke to Alex Jones to Erich von Däniken. You're aiming for a market of really poorly educated idiots, who need to believe in anything supernatural - in order to give all the failures in their lives some kind of explanation (beyond personal choices and irresponsibility). Then you want to invest in a whole bunch of electronic junk which does nothing. Using various parts, create a Frankenstein unit with which to convince unsuspecting punters of 'ghost detection'. Don't forget the camera with night vision with which to record specs of dust floating around and lens flare. Finally print out a bunch of business cards and advertise online

I'll drop you off at a haunted hospital.

• Joey2 months agoReport

Cool