Is this true that my history teacher said or just some vegan bs?

She said that eating animal products makes your eye muscles swell and makes your vision bad. She said her sister used to have very bad vision but then she became vegan and didnt need to wear glasses anymore 

I dont believe her but I wanted to know if this might be true? Idk probably a bad idea to ask on the internet

Favorite Answer

It not only sounds like a bunch of BS, it sounds like brainwashing, false information, and propaganda. I wouldn't fall for it, if I were you.

Liars like that will say anything to promote whatever propaganda they're promoting. The only other option is that your teacher is being paid to promote such propaganda garbage.

Your teacher is full of BS.

Of course thats why ALL meat eaters have swollen eyes and have bad vision.....not.

• Daisy

Vegan bs.

In fact about 99% of vegan claims are bs.

• Tyler

I mean there could be rare diseases which could cause that with too much animal fat or something. otherwise, the only way for it to be true is if the sister had very bad nutrition. carrots don't actually make your vision better but if you are getting 0% vitamin A most of the time, a carrot can actually help you see better. 

if her sister wasnt eating her veggies, and started to once she went vegan, technically it could be true. 

It is false. She may have a good degree in History but that does not make her a reliable authority on other subjects. I eat meat, fish, dairy etc and although I need glasses to read, my sight is otherwise good. I am 61yo so hardly a youngster.

You can be a history teacher and know nothing about ophthalmology or nutrition or food science. I'm betting your history teacher is relying on empirical evidence with a n of 1. Every bit as convincing as yeti sightings or UFO landings. Pay attention to what she says about history, and if the vegan question is on a test, complain to the school system.

• Dimo

As far as I can tell, most vegan BS is BS.  As for what your teacher claimed -- THINK!!!  HOW could diet improve anyone's eyesight?

Her sister had lasik surgery and didn't tell her.

Did you know that if you say orange three times real fast it sounds like gullible?

• Joey1 month agoReport

I thought it was fake tbh. Shes crazy and probably abuses her animals