Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Is getting high while vulnerable bad for you?

So my friends keep telling me that getting high while I'm vulnerable isn't a good idea and I wanted to ask here to see what other people think about this. I'm not in a good place right now and each time I feel bad, my mind immediately goes to getting high as a solution. My sister offered me on my 14th birthday  and ever since I've been using a cart (it's been about 3 months) I used to do it a few times a week but now I do it everyday or almost everyday. To me it's like and escape from my feelings.

• Bad. I am a pothead but I do not use drugs or alcohol when I'm sad. I also realized I either eat or shop when I'm stressed which are also not good coping strategies. If you're in a bad place, talk yourself through it, surround yourself with good people and take one day at a time.

I love weed, I use it to sleep or as I'm shy loosen me up at parties. I do it often about 1-3 times a week. But never something I use when I'm upset, traumatized or sad. Feel the pain and uncomfortable feelings. Life doesn't get easier the older you get only worse. It also gets more better so in the end it evens out but you need to learn to be sober for the crappy days.