Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

My girlfriend is 23 and I'm 28. People have a problem with it.?

I don't even think it's much of an age difference. It's jut 5 years. Yes, she can sometimes act immature because she's 23 and still young. My friends all have girlfriends around their age and they make fun of me telling me that I like to date kids. My girl doesn't act like a kid. She's an adult. What do you guys think?

Favorite Answer

I'm 23 and my boyfriend is 29. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Don't let your friends get to your head. She is an adult and if you're happy with her, that's all that matters.

• It's not a big deal. As long as you're both happy and good with the gap don't worry about what others may or may not think.

• Noah

Tell them to get some real problems!

Sounds like your friends may be jealous. Your age difference isn't a big deal. I took an autistic girl to the prom. She looks normal but acts like a 5 y/0, we had a great time (never laughed so much) and she was treated like a princess.

• I wouldn't worry about it. Your friends sound immature. I dated a guy that was 32 when I was 19. His friends were great and he actually wanted me to meet his parents. He was super sweet but I acknowledged I was immature and not ready for a relationship.

I am now dating someone three years older than me. Personally, it is still a big difference. I'm 24 and he's 27 but he's a lot more tired, less into partying and more adult life focused vs. I want to travel and party more. That being said he supports me and says he was the same at my age and tells me to keep living life eventually I'll settle down. We get a long well. But definitely important you accept she is no going to want kids right away, a house, steady job etc.

• CB

The captain has a point - how long you have dating is relevant. -My mistake, marrying my first wife when I was 25 and she 20 - she was too young and didn't know what she really wanted. 

I married my second wife when I was 40 and she 36 and it has worked out perfectly for the last 23 years. 

• Snezzy

I think you are letting your friends live inside your head.

• When did you start dating her?  Because that's important.  23 and 28 is fine.  18 and 23 is sketchy.  16 and 21 is really sketchy.  13 and 18 is illegal.

Aside from that, why do you care?  Let your friends talk.  It's all they can do.

• Ꮥ.Ꮓ
      1 month agoReport

even though an 18 year old is a teen, they still can't be with other teens who are under 18 because that's weird. An 18 year old is technically a young adult. They can't go around dating 13 year olds.