larry asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I decided I dont want friends?

Though I understand the benefits of them for mental health and survial but I feel best without. For months now I hated who I hung around, they did all sorts of **** A right wanker-so yesterday I descided to not bother be in my own and as someone who suffer with diagnosed anxiety I barely felt it.  For months I wanted to just not care and I do.

Anyway should I makeup or what? and is this normal to want isolation?

• Chanel

Life is trial and error. We meet new people and they turn out not to be trustworthy.

Don't rule out the option of having friends cos we are social animals and we need to connect.

When you make new acquaintances play it by ear. If they talk about other people then they cannot be trusted.

But please do not give up on the human race altogether. There are lovely people who you will meet in the future.

I’m commenting, not because I want to fix your problem, but want to let you know you’re not alone. I have the same feelings but I already know it’s fine to not want friends. For me, I’ve gone through an enourmous amount of emotional abuse in relationships and friendships that make me feel nothing but worthless. People suck.

Don't confuse not having friends with being isolated. It's one thing not to have people you are specially close to, its a very different thing to have no acquaintances, no colleagues, and no-one else you ever interact with. Even if you don't have close friends, at least make sure you know your neighbors, stay in touch with your familiy, and do things that bring you into regular contact with other people.

• LAN

We appreciate you not forcing yourself on us.  Too bad you still whine about your pathetic life here over and over.

thats up to you if you want to make friends or not