does it sound like I have ocd or anxiety? should I go to the doctors?
Things that occur in my everyday life:
- can't do homework if my room isn't clean
- gets flustered, can't breathe, and cries in comfortable situations
- shaky hands
- lack of sleep
- feeling like nobody likes me
- must brush teeth before I wash my face or I'll be sad
- if I mess up one word on a note I'll throw the whole note out (white out also freaks me out)
- feels like I never shut the door when I leave my house
- random intrusive thoughts like what if you set the house on fire and stuff like that
- in general, I can still function and be happy for about 40% of my day
- sometimes I can't leave the house before I feel worried
- things don't have to be super clean but routines must be done
- no repeating actions but like triple checking everything I do
- ChanelLv 62 months ago
See your doctor and explain. He/she may suggest Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
That is reprogramming your mind to think 'what is the worst thing that could happen?' or feeling 'I have switched everything off'.
I do understand where you are coming from cos I had a bit of OCD and had to touch things twice and then not walk on the cracks in the paving slabs. But I thought why should it be bad luck for me and nobody else?
I hope your doctor can refer you to a therapist that deals with these intrusive thoughts.
- Pearl LLv 72 months ago
i would go see a doctor about it
- Serene ELv 72 months ago
See a therapist or counselor or psychologist
- Anonymous2 months ago
No one here can tell you this, you have to see a doctor. Being neat or having habits are not signs of OCD. My grandmother was very neat to where even after being in the hospital for a week for serious health issues she refused to lay in bed until after her suit case was empty, clothes were in the hamper and her suitcase was put away. She did not have OCD or anxiety. That is just how she was and her life long habits of being neat.
Basic worry and stress is normal too.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- PearlLv 72 months ago
i would go see a doctor,they'll let you know