Which pilots were worse in your opinion: the KLM pilots in the 1977 Tenerife Crash or the Air France 447 pilots?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Marc
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

klm capt . he knowingly attempted a unauthorized take off in poor vis . the 447 pilot i think was pulling back on the stick during a stall? no one will ever know why he made the dreadful input however he was trying his best to prevent a crash in confusing circumstances, 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Air France 447!  I will NEVER understand that an EXPERIENCED pilot does NOT realise he is in a STALL!!!  You learn that in your first few hours of flight training!  (I loved "loosing a wing" in my trials!)

• 1 month ago

447 guy was young and inexperienced. 

The KLM was older, very experienced. But he had a “brain fart”. Brain farts happen to all of us. 

I would say the 447 guy was worse. 

• 1 month ago

The KLM pilot ordered a take off when ATC said dense fog. His first officer even protested.  !00 % his fault. 

Air France, pilot made an error, trying to compensate. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is hard to fault pilots when they are trained to TRUST YOUR INSTRUMENTS.  Yeah, it is like trusting a fuel gauge that has been stuck at full for a year but one can always pull over.  Pilots do not have that option.

• Road warrior
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Bull ****.  KLM plane  was  grounded  by ATC due to thick fog.He had  Zero Visibility but ordered take off. Hubris, Ego, the "captain Kirk " syndrome. 100% His fault. KLM even admitted it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pilots have ego problems. Combined with their god complex, it's a miracle more air crashes don't occur. The current level of air safety is in spite of pilots, not because of them. It's a tribute to the engineers, manufacturers, and maintenance crews, that keep the stuff running.

Source(s): A lifetime in aviation
  • KaleyK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even KLM admitted their pilots were at fault. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.