Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

I don't know if I should quit my job because of my depression..?

My depression was really bad to begin with, but lately it's been awful. I'm always tired because of my depression, constantly laying in bed, basically. I sleep pretty much all the time because I'm so tired, and sleep always feels so good but never good enough. But when I go to work, I can't sleep. and it's awful, because doing anything tired, weak, and exhausted sucks, making me even more tired and exhausted. People don't realize that depression is debilitating, especially physically. I sometimes barely have enough energy to walk, having to take breaks so I don't fall because I just get so weak and tired.

My work is just making me feel really sad and extremely tired. I feel basically glued to my bed. It's just such a weird feeling to explain, like when I try to get out of bed, I can feel my brain sending the signals to my arms and legs, "hey, get up!", but they don't move at all. It takes so much effort.. And I feel like it's just whining but at the same time I feel so bad, and I can't help it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

See a therapist, counsellor, psychologist.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

thats up to you but maybe you should go see a psychiatrist and get on some meds

• 1 month ago

See your doctor for help and advice.

• 1 month ago

I think I smell a troll.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I noticed there is no mention of any kind of visit to a doctor for treatment. Quitting your job sounds like a really bad idea. With no income you are likely to become even more depressed. The amount of time you are spending in bed is probably directly related to you weakness and fatigue. Spending even more time in it may actually be the death of you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.