Is my dog high or has she been poisoned?
I got home from school today and my dog was acting funny. She was uncharacteristically sitting down in the kitchen, sort of wobbling back and forth. I got her to walk thru the kitchen to the living room and she seemed scared when passing through. I got her up on the couch where she refused to sit down and kept wobbling back and forth, she also seemed to breathe with a stutter and her pupils were huge. She wouldn’t eat any treats or lunch meat. She’s been laying down on the couch for a while now but is still acting the same and hasn’t closed her eyes when normally she would when she’s laying down. My parents are smokers and have large amounts of weed in their room so I was thinking she might have gotten into that, but she also got into my trash can earlier which had who knows what in it. Does it sound like she got into some weed? Or does it sound like something else? My dad told me not to take her to the vet, but I will if I need to.
- VeschengroLv 61 month ago
We have no idea ask a vet
- VerulamLv 71 month ago
If the dog has access to weed, or something else likely to make her 'high' then that's quite possibly what was going on. Otherwise this could be anything but something A VET would be able to diagnose, and hopefully treat.
Why do people think they have to give FOOD to a dog who is obviously not right/unwell? This is the LAST thing that's needed, especially if the vet may need to knock the dog out to reach an accurate diagnosis.
- Anonymous1 month ago
If the dogs eyes are disaster, it’s wobbling and shaking it’s definitely a altered mood, this isn’t a wait and see thing that might go away, you yourself are wondering if the dog might be poisoned. Why wait until the dog fire, bring it to the vet ASAP if you think it’s been poisoned. If you suspect a marijuana overdose those have been lethal to many dogs in the past. It could be some medication the dog found laying around, it could be some wrappers or foil or styrofoam or just about anything blocking the digestive tract and the dogs shaking and displayed in severe pain just before it Karl’s over and dies.
If you know youur pets not acting normal, it seems confused or altered then what’s the weight, coming up with some story so you don’t get arrested for animal abuse by letting the dog die without being vetted?
Since you suspect it’s been poisoned then for goodness sake don’t come on line and ask a bunch of non medical folks if they think your dog will be ok, she may die, she may have Permanent neurological deficit, she may be fine but if the symptoms have been around for more than an hour then by all means get the dog to the vet, if your dad says no then call animal control and surrender the dog so it can get medical help rather than suffer.
- Anonymous1 month ago
No, you're just a retarded troll.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- ZotsRuleLv 71 month ago
How the Hell can we know? If she did eat weed it can KILL her.
How old are you? If you're under 18 no vet will ALLOW you to bring the dog in.
But I think you're a TROLL and this post is complete bull$hit.
- bluebonnetgrannyLv 71 month ago
There is no way any of us would 'know' that.
If she was poisoned, you are wasting time on here. She could die as you watch for responses. You have a responsibility to that dog, it depends on you 100%, for everything. Even her life.
I hope you are just a troll.
- 1 month ago
Not sure if it's an issue with her eating weed but I'd take her to the vet, especially if she's still like this after a couple hours. Balance problems are usually a sign of something seriously wrong.