Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

My best friend kissed my brother. ?

My best friend and I have been best best friends for over 4 years. We tell each other everything and are closer than anyone else I know. My other best friend is my brother that is one year older. We are also really close and have an amazing relationship. A lot of my friends have to told me that they think my brother is cute or that they have a crush on him, but I’ve always made it very very clear that I do not want my friends to date my brother (because if it ended badly I could loose a friendship). I was even talking to my best friend about how hooking up with my brother is one of the only reasons I would stop being friends with someone. She just confessed that they made out a few months ago and were going to hook up, but everytime they tried to something wouldn’t work out. She said that the night they were really planning on doing it, they couldn’t because I begged my brother to hang out with me because he was leaving for college soon after. She lied straight to my face multiple times about why she couldn’t hang out with me (instead she was trying to f*ck my brother). I feel so so hurt and betrayed. She knows that she could’ve lost my friendship over this, but she still did it. I haven’t talked to my brother yet. I feel like I just lost both of my best friends. Should I stop being her friend? It’s so hard because I still love her so much and I’m so blindsided by this. What should I do? 

EDIT: she is 17, he is 18. This is not love. There was no idea of a relationship. They were just going to screw around despite how it would affect me. 

EDIT 2: she knows what she did was so wrong. I don’t think people understand that part of this. she was sobbing when she told me because she understands how much this hurts me. 

Once you get close to adulthood, you have to put aside the thoughts of betrayal by a friend just because a guy and girl have some feelings for each other..even if it's between your best friend and your brother.  Things can happen that are strong..just as strong as friendship.  And you have to put on your big girl panties and admit it and deal with it. Don't let it blind you or confuse you as to how good a friend is or how loyal they are.

• Frank

Stop acting like a child. If people behave badly...stay away from them.

ok the rest of the people saying that you shouldnt control your brother or friends  life that is just messed up. you're not trying to control her life, right? you just purely care for your friend and your brother. like you said you didnt want to loose anything, you also mentioned that they are just screwing around if they are, and it isnt love or a pure relationship then tell them and make it clear what the consequences are.What they would loose,or regret just because they are messing around and also ask her was this her movtive the whole time througout your friendship just to get to your brother in way she seems kind of fake, but im not trying to be offensive just the way she sounds within this senario

Ewwwww that’s not right

I think you are missing the boat, your best best friend might easily turn into your SIL and that would be the closest thing to being a sister you will ever have and now you may have lost your best best friend. Because you don't know what love is doesn't mean they don't. I started loving a girl when I was 15 and I still love her today and I always will but that doesn't mean I don't love my wife, I only loved the other girl 1st. I think you need to apologize to your friend and your brother, what if he marries a girl you can't stand, think about that.

• NONAME

you know....when one moves into a new apartment you can have noisy neighbors or your sink is too small. or thin walls...but once you get used to it it becomes the norm...you will get used to this..it will become the norm and you wont have a 2nd thought about it...get over yourself...what if your brother told you who you could or could not date...

• Claire2 months agoReport

I would understand if that person was his best friend of 4+ years 

• Tj

Stay out of your brothers love life. He is a big boy now. If it upsets you that a friend is doing him, too bad, get over it.

• Eva

You don't have any right to tell anyone who they can and cannot be friends with, hook up with, have a relationship with, etc.

• Claire2 months agoReport

Well, when it’s is my best friend me saying I’m completely uncomfortable with her ******* my brother that seems like she should respect that. 

Well, if you lose a friendship over this, it's because of you deciding that you are going to dictate to your friends what they can and can't do when it comes to your brother.

< because if it ended badly I could loose a friendship >

That's quite true but it's a fact of life.  You going to continue this throughout your life dictating what people around you can't and can't do with each other?

• Claire2 months agoReport

It’s just that she KNEW how much it would hurt me and she still did it. I never expected this from her. I feel like I cannot trust either of them ever again

You should mind your own business. If your friend and brother want to be romantically involved you shouldn't be upset about it.

• Claire2 months agoReport

Yes I should. If she truly cares about me, she would put our friendship above her hormones.