Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Is it normal for a dentist to touch your chest?

When I was at the dentist, the dentist put his hand on the middle part of my chest, and I’m not sure if this is normal.

I'm not making this question up, I'm completely serious. Also, I meant to say hand because he put his hand on the center of my chest.

Favorite Answer

I've never had that happen, but if it makes you uncomfortable, then it's not normal or at least not ok.

When dentists do their work, sometimes their arm will touch the chest. I think they're trained to avoid uncomfortable touching but sometimes it could happen if they change their position or because of the particular thing they are doing. I think generally it shouldn't be resting on the chest. Hand is different though....thats absolutely inappropriate. Not sure if you meant to write arm. 

If you felt uncomfortable, it's ok to bring it up politely with the dentist.

Mine usually puts a protector on my chest so he doesn't make a mess or drop something. Are you sure that's not what they were doing?

Yes, he's just checking for teeth down there.

• Dze

as long as he's not grabbing your genitalia i wouldnt worry too much ..