People in the Midwest with houses with basements, is your basement finished (walls, ceiling, flooring)? Or still bare cement or block walls?

What do you use your basement for?

What question,but it,s still interesting,I don,t have and still my basement is showing for bricks,while it,s strong,so worse than that I don,t have a home to be using it.

• I care

Don't have a basement,  but I've seen on HGTV making types of make overs for different uses for any given family.  Extra space for in-laws,  man cave, extra bedrooms,  place for washer/dryer, children prepared area to keep all their toys and having shelves with containers teaching them to pick up after playing. 

One has to make sure water conditions are no where in here,  and sump pumps installed for safety backups,  all walls sealed to prevent leakage.  

Unfinished, storage and housing the well pump and furnace.

• ?

Its all finished except for one back room. I use it for weightlifting and the room is short and small so I didn't want to have framing and drywall put in because the room would be even shorter and smaller. The basement is my apartment. Complete with a kitchen and bathroom. 

• Speed

Unfinished. We use it for storage, exercise equipment, and a woodworking shop.

Unfinished and full of junk.

My basement is all finished except for the furnace room, i also have a deep-freeze & storage in there.

There are two bedrooms, bathroom & another living room (besides the furnace room) down there.

I have a walk out basement. the back 1/3 is a utility room with furnace, water heater, laundry, storage. The front 2/3 is a finished family room with office space. A patio is outside sliding glass doors. The foundation is block.

• al

Yes, completely finished with a weight room, spare bedroom, large family room (BSTV and gaming) and a full bathroom!

Not finished. The cement walls are crumbling. It’s used for storage, a workshop area, and it’s where our clothes washer, dryer, water heater, and furnace is.