Alexia asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Will my puppy be okay?

Okay so friday night my puppy got into a box of milk bones, not the cookies, but the hard crunchy ones. When i went to take them away from her she swolled almost a whole one without chewing. Saturday morning she woke me up about 8:30am with puke everywhere in her cage, i fed her at 9:30, just like normal and maybe 10 minutes later she threw up everything she ate, she threw up about 10 times after that. Her last vomit was at 10:20am that day. She had ice cubes all that day and didnt puke. So i cooked her some chicken and rice to see if that would help and gave it to her about 12 that night, but at 9:00am sunday morning she puked again. She ate ice cubes again all that day and didnt puke, so i gave her a piece of banana about 10 sunday night. She kept that down, so this morning at 10:30 i gave her 1/4 a cup of her puppy food, it is now 2:13 and she still hasnt thrown up. I cant take her into the vet until i get paid, this friday. What does this sound like? Do you think she will be okay until then? I am very worried. Although she is her normal self, very happy and very hungry, it still bothers me she threw up so many times. Also she has a black stool this morning for the first time since this all started (saturday morning)

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Black stool means she is bleeding internally.

She needs to see a Vet before Friday. She needs to see a Vet today. You can't let her suffer like this. it is against the law to not take a sick or wounded animal in to see a Vet. By not taking her in to see a Vet, you are abusing your dog.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

no it wont dogs are not cage animals

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Since your pup vomited more than 24 hours worth and has black stools, this is a vet emergency.  There is bleeding somewhere inside your pup, possibly not from the milk bone.  

I’ve known dogs to swallow them whole and being a biscuit it will soften with the stomach acids and the water the pup drank.  Just like the puppy’s food does.

You had the right idea with the chicken and rice to rest the tummy, it’s 3/4 plain white rice to 1/3 boiled unseasoned chicken, however the tummy should have rested first.  When you went back on the puppy food adding some water to soften it would have helped.  Instead of two to three meals, you should have restarted the pup with small meals every couple hours to avoid the vomiting, the pups throat and stomach may have Bren torn when the biscuit went down.

Give your vet a call ASAP, let them know what happened and when you plan on coming in, and the reason for the wait, they can advise you the proper treatment for your pup.

• 1 month ago

cool dog. i got a coon honde and one time he eat a CAT (yes really. n ot all of it cause dad fought it out of him but a lot including bones to! and then he was very sick for a few day and we just give him the plane rice from the chinese place (NOT FRIED - PLAIN) then he start being fine after a few days and goes back on dog chow and aint had a problem since. dog got strong stomach and bowel. but be careful cause ur puppy look small not like dorton hes a big muscler dog. protects mom and us kids when dad aint around and he got a hard bite he bite the table leg before and ruin it. proberly why he dont like cats is they are meowing and they keep getting bolder and ventering closer to the home. thanks and god bless ur dog!

Source(s): reality
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mandy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Why are you being silly and asking on here?  Ok, yeah, your puppy will be fine.  No, your puppy won’t be fine, at all.  Now, what do you know, now?  Not a d*** thing.  Take the puppy to a vet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.