goring
goring asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Did the President really need to squash the former vice president to benefit his competitions against the opposing party?

Favorite Answer

Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to have more ammunition in an election than one actually needs...as insurance. Political parties are always trying to get the dirt on the opposition. That's what they do. But most of the time what they do is legal.

Nixon, for example, went the illegal route when his minions broke into the DNC national HQ at Watergate. Breaking and entering is illegal for any purpose, including getting the dirt on the opposition. And then he lied under oath about knowing about it. Perjury is also illegal.

• oldprof
      1 month agoReport

And goring, you're in favor of the ends justifies the means concept?  Stalin believed that too.

• Stan

In Trump's mind, yes.

He has been trying to figure out how to smear Biden and take the focus off of his own crimes. Im sure it was explained to him that the Justice Dept. could not do that unless there was some real evidence or else it would be way too obvious it would be just a political hit job so they tried to get Ukraine to do it for them.

That's illegal too and now it looks like they're all going to go to prison eventually.

• goring
      1 month agoReport

its interesting how the former administration was dealing with some corrupt prime minister in trying to squash the New President

• ricky

Very good point. As a conservative, I’d prefer Biden over any of the others. As an old man myself, I know many touchy-feely people from my era that are harmless. And they were actually really nice people. But what I hear from Biden makes me take pity on the man. The video speaks for itself. If Trump did wrong, Biden did 100 times worse. And you don’t need to hear an opinion from a witness.

The US president is embroiled in controversy over a phone call with Ukraine's president. ... What Trump's Ukraine phone call really means ... former US Vice-President Joe Biden, the frontrunner to take on Mr ... But for it to be successful, members of his own Republican Party would have to turn against him.

• goring
      1 month agoReport

most likely The former major of NYC would be a better match the the old man Biden

Donald Trump doesn't care about anyone outside the family.