Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

Doctor asked me to periodically inspect my genitals they should be soft, what does that mean?

I have a female primary care provider. During a wellness exam, she told me to periodically inspect my genitals , they should feel soft, and if I feel something "like the tip of my nose" she should know about it.

It was awkward so I didn't have any follow up questions. What does she really mean? What do men need to be on the lookout for over there?

So what exactly needs to be checked I am not sure.

Favorite Answer

In the future when you do not know or understand what the doctor tells you ask for clarification. Unless you ask they assume you understand.As far as being awkward- there is nothing a doctor has not seen or heard  so no need to be embarrassed. I would assume that she meant that if you noticed anything out of the ordinary it should be checked. It sounds as though you are a younger male- as such you should be examining your testicles on a monthly basis for lumps etc.. Testicular cancer while not common occurs in young men. Any abnormality should be checked ASAP- caught early treatment is quite successful. There are plenty of diagrams etc. on the web if you don't know how to proceed.

I'm not exactly sure.We are all different! But go to the doctor if you think something is up. Have you tried using a penis health creme? I've seen some absolutely incredible results using it.... more powerful, longer and stronger erections and the healing and repair of dry penis skin.

• ron h

checking your nuts is best done when they're hangin; loose.  Like they usually do in a shower.  She told you what to check for--Oh, wait!  She did.

get a demonstration

• Tj

She wants you to do a self exam of your man berry's for any lumps or any other change in them. It is best to do the exam during your bath/shower.

Do a self-exam at least once a month to stay on top of any noticeable changes and become more familiar with your genital area.

The more intimately you know your penis, scrotum, and testicles, the more sensitive you’ll become to slight changes that could be worth reporting to a doctor.

Bro, sometimes, it really just be like that. If she is referring to flaccidness and stuff, HAHA YOU GOT A ***** IN FRONT OF YOUR DOCTOR. But if not, idk and good luck

Go back and ask her to demonstrate how the feeling inspection will happen.  Ask her to keep doing it until you are comfortable you know how.

Sounds like you're getting lucky with your doctor the next time you see her. 

• edward

She’s right. Having a female PCP is irrelevant though, a male would’ve said the same thing