What rights do I have as a homeowner?

I closed on a condo in April, got new neighbors in September. They rent. First week they were there, music blaring. Went over twice and asked them to lower it. They threw dog poop in my yard in retaliation. Contacted the association, a letter was sent. Other unit owners also complained.

The problem is mainly the womans daughter. She's a street girl, aka "hood." No respect for others at all, pulls into the unit at 4 AM- music bumping.

Her bedroom is lined up with mine. We essentially share a wall. She has some fan/bed vibration that is shaking the entire wall. It sounds like a machine gun going off in her room. Like bullets or pellets are being shot at the wall, I can't even explain it. This sound is CRAZY, and it's at 3 in the morning. I went ballistic and started pounding on the wall, I filmed it and sent it to the president.

I hate these people!!! I OWN my property. I spent THOUSANDS of dollars on buying it and furnishing it. This is such BS. I live in Connecticut. What rights do I have? I want these people OUT!

your fault for buying a condo instead of a house...

• zipper

You keep complaining and report the dog pop to the Health Department, that action is not only illegal but a health problem as well.

" They threw dog poop in my yard in retaliation. "

and

"She's a street girl, aka "hood." No respect "

This shows the kind of people you are dealing with so your obvious ANGER, you have a right to be, might bring on things you are not prepared to deal with.  Advice, do not go over or pound on walls or anything else to get YOU arrested.

If there are several of you complaining hopefully something will be done.  

Your conversations are restricted to the HOA board, the police and the OWNERS of the condo NOT THE Tenants.

Hold your anger or you WILL see a jail cell.

Condo, house and apts you run into people who are just plain meant to live out in the boonies away from everyone else.

I would advise you to contact a lawyer 

I sold my condo for more than  one reason.  Read your rules and regulations.  You as an owner have basically the right to live between the walls.  You can complain as much as you want to the board, but if they do nothing that is as far as it goes unless you start calling the police or complaining to who is renting to them and if they do nothing, you can get use to it.

• Judy

Legally, you can call the cops, which will likely get them told to tone it down, and maybe get them cited. You can complain to the condo owner. But you can't evict them yourself. good luck.

The ONLY rights you have as a home owner is over your own property. You don't have ANY rights over someone else's property.

I am the type of person who likes peace, and quiet. I am planning on living somewhere where it's with other people, but I will have the option to go where there is nobody whenever I want.

There are pros, and cons, for what people choose to live in. You wanted to live in a building with other people. I want to live in something that belongs to me, and that can be put in an area where there is nobody there. I would have my own problems to deal with. My problems would be much worse than yours, and that's if I end up having it. I could lose my life, or get hurt if I end up having a problem, and that's if I don't deal with a problem fast enough, or prevent it from happening.

Keep complaining to the association.  The worst they can do is fine the owner...

I would also contact the owner. 

Lastly, for noise violations or complaints...call the cops...period.  If its 3 am with music blaring...you have a complaint.  I would get a decibel meter so you know if they are actually breaking any noise ordinances (obviously, look up the ordinances themselves too).  

Dont be afraid to call the cops...period. 

You cannot force a tenant out of property you don't own. The association can deal with the owner on the issue, or not. There's nothing you, as an individual, can legally do.

• Mark

If SEVERAL neighbours have complained, the association will probably evict them.

I had something similar happen to me last night, but since it's only happened once, I stopped being annoyed after he turned it down.  It sound like the guy upstairs had a hand mixer with beaters in, put it on the floor, then turned it on.  And this started at 10 pm...

• SimplytheFACTS

association cannot evict them, only the landlord can...assoc can fine the owner