Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

atheists, if religion doesn't have the TRUTH THEN who does?

do you???????????????????????????????

• k w
    Favorite Answer

OP hate to tell you sparky, but Christianity is a way of life, not a religion...ever look up the word religion, to see exactly what it means ? did you even know Easter was ishtar, a pagan god...the churches know traditions of men, which make void the Word of YHVH, maybe you need to start reading Scripture yourself instead of listening to traditions of men, it's not only the atheists that get deceived, but many believers that never figured out they were being deceived, like Christ warned us about......find a non denominational church or study on your own instead of just trusting others......

• Caesar

What apples and what oranges? Your own quote say maybe you need to start reading Scripture ...  all the Scripture is traditional accepted and chosen by men no gods involved...but nice fantasy KW or nice orange and apples like you say

• Tommy

I do not claim to have all the answers. I am however able to look at that facts compared to the words and actions of others to see they do not present the truth. There could possibly be a religion that represents the truth but I have not found it yet.

• Tommy

I've read and studied for many years. I approached it as a believer. I left it behind as a non believer.

I do not have all the answers and have not studied all religions to the extent I've studied Christianity. The Christians who make up Christianity show that truth means nothing to them and lies dominate their everyday lives so why would they hold the truth for anything.

• k w

so they got deceived as Christ said they would......they're too busy to bother.......

Gods are man-made ideas that can be traced back to the cultures who invented them, to the approximate century they were invented in, and how long it took for their newly invented myths to reach Japan.

https://youtu.be/iLJzF2tXVp0

Youtube thumbnail

• Caesar

There are a thousand religions and even some "true"religion like Christianity got separated Groups and hundreds of "true" denomination... so who have the truth again?

• Caesar

Relying on what, i just honestly do not believe in any of the on invisible entities that theist call gods... i do not rely like you do on those invisible entities, but i understand why you keep failing to notice that....fairies and myths were once "true" gods... but you need to relying on them?

• Tangi

The truth about what?

• k w

he's scared to figure that out for himself.....

• Wundt

Two points dismiss the implication of your claim.

First, we can know something is wrong without knowing what is right.  For example, I can dismiss the idea that flowers are painted by fairies without understanding the where and the why flowers are colored and patterned as they are.  As an atheist, I can recognize that the claims of religion don't hold up to scrutiny without coming up with an alternative.

Second, knowing the 'truth' isn't necessarily important.  For example, arguing over how life on Earth came into being is an interesting intellectual exercise, but when it comes to the day to day issues of life (getting food on the table, safety, etc) it just doesn't really matter.  Religious people don't believe their religion because they worry about the 'big' questions, they believe because it makes them feel good and gives them a sense of community.  

• EddieJ

Well, I think I have the basic Truth -- that the energy that makes up our universe has probably always existed in some form.

The universe makes much more sense when viewed as the result of entirely natural processes.

Even if there is a creator God, there is no reason to believe that he would need or want our worship or would even care if we acknowledge his existence.

There is no reason to believe he would judge. Ancient people saw people die from lightning, floods, tornadoes, etc., and assumed this was God judging and then created religions based on that. We now understand the science behind those things.

Meanwhile, there is no empirical evidence for any deities.

And, even if he exists, there is no reason to think that answering prayers or providing an afterlife is part of his job description.

One thing we know with absolute certainty is that creative people write fictional stories. Every theist thinks the stories of the other religions are false. 

Atheists don't pretend to judge your religious beliefs.

• Babs

In my experience, theists use some sort of special definition of the word 'truth'. I haven't figured out what it is. So, tell me, how do you define 'truth'?

According to the normal definition of 'truth' (i.e. that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality), I don't believe religion has the truth about much of anything. We, humans, must discover the real truth for ourselves.