Is it a way you can get financial assistance from the government?

Say if you have a job but doesn’t pay enough to get your own place can you apply for financial assistance to help pay rent without waiting long for help? I know about low income housing but I think it takes very long for them to help

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It does take a long time and most people do not qualify for assistance.  You are expected to live within your means.  Either move to a state where you can afford your own place or share -  with someone else.

• Login to reply the answers
  • LILL
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you do not have a job that pay enough to support yourself without taxpayer help, you either get a better job or get a 2nd job.  Welfare is not the answer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can apply under section 8 or the housing authority because I have and so has my sister when we were single parents. Sometimes there is a long waiting list and sometimes it is relatively quick, depending on where you live. Then of course there is HUD housing. We both worked full time and also got housing temporarily. You do not know what you are talking about as usual. Simplythefacts, sir you do not have all of the facts and I think you are a fool.

I'm going under anonymous due to the thumbs down and negativity for good answers or decent answers I have given so please look at my answer and don't listen to the negative remarks.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You can always get a second or third job. Help yourself first before expecting the government to bail you out. I know where I live, section 8 (gov't subsidized housing) has a waiting list of several YEARS.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The government helps people with minor children.. or the disabled. They don't help single able bodied people.

• 1 month ago

Section 8...if you are able to work though, you are a lower priority.  

Get a second job in the meantime and you may never need this.  

Sounds like you are trying to get your own place...meaning you are moving out of some shared accommodations.  

• 1 month ago

to anonymous: YOU GAVE THE FACTS, YOU INDICATED YOU AND  SIS APPLIED SEPARATELY AND FLEECED TAXPAYERS.......unless you have so many kids you can't combine households, there is no excuse not to have TWO adults paying the bills per household, sisters, friends, cousins, BFFs, etc

you can find a service to match you to a roommate......most non disabled adults without kids don't get TAXPAYER FUNDED housing....no reason you can't get roommates and support yourself.

you can get a 2nd job, or train for a better job

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would depend on the country and the laws with regards to benefits....... where I live people with low income as long as they are working enough hours can find a landlord willing to rent to them and apply immediately for housing benefit to help pay the rent

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As a general rule, no in the United States. It is fairly easy to get started on food stamps assistance. Public assisted housing has long waiting list and prioritized to children, veterans, disabled. You generally can't get low income housing either.

In the USA, you need skills for a decent job, and when you don't earn enough, you rent a room somewhere or share an apartment.

The current President and administration are putting in rules to make food assistance difficult. They support the wealthy.

• Leila1 month agoReport

No the current president supports the working class.

• 1 month ago

The first time in a western world of war the empire was a

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.