someone please help me with this questions?

Donna D, a longtime CPA, can do an audit of Beta, Inc. in 18 hours, if she works by herself. She has two assistants who are capable of doing the same audit, but each one of them, working individually, would take 49 hours to do the audit. If they all worked together, how many hours would it take to do the audit?

Question 2 options:

I hired a carpenter and an apprentice to do some work at my business. They worked two days. On the first day I was billed $136 for 4 hours of work by the main carpenter and for 10 hours of work by the apprentice. On the second day I was billed $154 for 7 hours of work by the main carpenter and for 7 hours of work by the apprentice.

What I would like to know is how much I was being charged per hour for each person separately. Let X be the hourly rate for the Carpenter and Y be the hourly rate for the Apprentice. Find X and Y.

X = Hourly Rate for the Carpenter =

Y = Hourly Rate for the Apprentice = 

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.