Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Will my boyfriend get hurt or killed in jail if he snitches and tells the truth ?

My boyfriend was driving in the car with his brother and a large amount of drugs were found. The car is my boyfriends. My boyfriend doesn’t sell drugs but his brother on the other hand has been in and out of prison for a murder and drugs charges. My boyfriend brother lied and said the drugs were all my boyfriends. So now they are both in jail with no bail. My boyfriend is afraid that if he tells the truth and snitches on his brother if he gets convicted he will be labeled as a snitch in jail and get stabbed and or killed. He is also afraid to take it to Trial because if he loses he will get the maximum time. I want him to tell the truth and tell the police that this was all his brothers but I don’t want him getting hurt or killed if he snitches and gets time. What should I advise him to do

You talk to the lawyer and have the lawyer negotiate a plea which gets person totally out of jail in exchange for providing state's evidence don't snitch unless you can get such a deal because you'll get in prison and you'll get killed for it

• Foofa

If this is really happening this guy's attorney should approach the DA with this info and ask that your boyfriend be moved to a different facility. He'd still have to prove the drugs weren't his but at least he wouldn't be locked up with someone who wants to kill him.

• al

The reason nobody talks is because snitches get stitches and people aren't bulletproof.

• .

Don’t be fooled: “Bad friends will ruin good habits.”