Reginald asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

Strained Breathing?

Hi, 

I have had an unusual bout of strained breathing recently. It feels as if I have just ran for an extended period of time, even though I have not gone running in 2 days. 

Is there any reason why this could be? 

I would like some answers  

You want answers but ask the question on a public forum? Go to a doctor, dummy.

• .

That's a question for your doctor. Could be a heart issue (which can cause labored breathing). Could be something else. 

Move your question to Heath>General Health as it's currently in Sports>Running and not applicable to this subcategory. You can move your question by clicking Edit>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category in which it is better suited. 

• Speed

I'm not a medical professional, and that's what I think you need.

Possible causes for heavy breathing, as if you'd exercised and are winded, include a respiratory infection, including "walking pneumonia." Asthma. Simple lung congestion. Emphysema. COPD. The flu. Bronchitis. Heart failure. Allergies.

Some of these will improve without medical care, but some of them are serious enough that if it were me, I'd be making a doctor's appointment.