Are you for or against teachers going on strikes.?

This is for a research project that I'm doing.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Depends, if it's an airstrike then why not

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

such a great discussion in the answers !

• 2 months ago

FOR. There are no mass shootings at schools where teachers are on strike.

• 2 months ago

Against it, government workers shouldn't go on strike otherwise government collapses. I mean, so many kids would lose months worth of education or get some shitty sub with no experience.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Against it. I am for how the teachers in my district did it some years back. They refused to come in early or stay late, they refused to do any work or extra crap outside of those school hours.  It makes a point without really hurting the majority of the kids.  The strikes a couple of years ago in Oklahoma were interesting. One of the complaints was they did not have newer text book and such. As examples they help up the old history textbooks they were using. What they left out was those had all been replaced by the ones common core needed, and when common core was tossed for the failure it was. All those new books were to. That was the budget, wasted on another failed federally forced program.

• 2 months ago

That's too broad a question. Yes, people in the US should have the right to go on strike. It's sometimes the only way to balance power between the employers and employees. The way to avoid strikes is to have negotiation between the unions and the employers, but Republicans in many states have stripped unions of their power. Most of the objection to teachers' strikes comes from parents who don't want to have to make other arrangements for their kids while they are not in school. That's not a legitimate reason to deny teachers their right to negotiate for better working conditions and better pay. 

BTW, in many other countries, teachers are paid more and are more respected. As a result, you get the smartest people with the best grades coming out of universities seeking teaching jobs in places like Japan and China. In the US, it's often the people with the lowest grades who go into teaching. Top students seek jobs where they will make more money. What does that say about how much we value our children and education? 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. I want them to hit home runs.

• 2 months ago

For. Everybody has the right to strike for fair wages.

• 2 months ago

I am for it ...for the benefit of the teachers, and of the children.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.