Rose asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How long would it take to cook a 1lb roast in the crockpot ?

I’m trying to make pot roast in a crockpot for 1 person. I have almost 1lb of spoon roast .90 oz to be exact and I’m going to put in potatoes beans and carrots. All recipes say to cook a 3lb roast for 8 hrs on low and 4 hrs on high. Does that cooking time still stay the same for a smaller roast or would it take half the time to cook? 

You need to tell us the weight of the roast. I doubt it's “.9”of an ounce but 90 ounces is well over 5 lbs.

Added: really, don't you think it would be a great idea to TELL US THE WEIGHT OF THE ROAST?

Nothing worse than a roast in the crock pot. It's called ROAST for a reason

I'd guess it would take 4 hours or so on high, but i wouldn't put the vegetables in at the beginning of the process (just onion if you're using that).

I would put the vegetables in for the last hour or so - and when you remove the lid from the crock pot, you may have to add an extra hour of cooking time because of the fact you removed the lid.

Personally i cook the vegetables separately - roast them in the oven, because i prefer them that way and i use the juices from the meat as a gravy

You can put the vegetables in right at the start, but they will ultimately come out mushy if they cook for 4 hours.

No, but I would go 7 hours on low.