? asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

I heard in US healthcare is so expensive it causes bankrupcies so do illegal migrants, and economic refugees from Africa get billed and what?

happens if they don't pay , like citizens have to

USA not best in healthcare..

Nothing happens to them. American Tax Payers are the ones paying for the ILLEGALS no matter where they are from. That's why the Taxpayer Insurance and medical care is so HIGH its to pay for the illegals.

It should be used with caution, a migrant reading may be confused and use the system to enter for healthcare when for ex there was a fat clot under my ear vein I removed on my own, when my results showed I had normal health. It's useful but not everything. They should not leave anyone in debt.

• Foofa

Legitimate refugees are provided with taxpayer funded healthcare in an above board way. Unlawful economic migrants just use emergency rooms and ignore the bills (or don't give their real names to begin with). So either way they're getting subsidized care.

Firstly  they RARELY IF EVER use the health system.  They get paid so little they can't AFFORD TO BE SICK ONE DAY. They need to keep working...which they do.

I never realized it but my dad had never been sick enough to see a doctor or hospital for "57 years".  He had no idea what the inside of a hospital looked like.  Then he had a heart attack & end of story.

As for:"The medical care in the US is cutting edge and there are many medicines available here that are not available in socialized countries. "  

THAT IS A LIE.  

The U.S. is kept in the dark about the rest of the world, medical advances happen in ALL COUNTRIES.

The first human heart transplant happened in Cape Town, South Africa.  

Insulin was first discovered and made into a drug in Canada(A SOCIALIST DEMOCRACY).   Insulin costs $20 a vial in Canada, over $250 in the U.S. for the same stuff, the same amount.  

The U.S. is in NO WAY #1.   Those in Scandinavia (under socialized medicine) have a longer life and happier life than that of the U.S.   I believe the U.S ranks  13th in health (or it could be 7th) meaning there are 12 (or 6) countries better off than them.

Use Google and find out

The U.S. is probably #1 when it comes to treating bullet wounds, as they get shot up every day.  Thanks to the NRA.   Plastic surgery is high up there too, though that is more to do with Hollywood actors being conceited...and hiding their age wrinkles.  Fake breasts were invented in Germany I believe...or it could be the U.S. though that is not a necessary medical procedure.

I am pretty certain that the hospitals work out some billing arrangement so they eventually do get paid back.  Bet on it.

A major reason why health care in US is so terribly expensive is all the illegal aliens who refuse to pay for health care. They go to the emergency room because their kid has a cold, knowing they won't have to spend $5 on cough medicine. By the early 1990s, the costs shifted from care of illegal aliens who will not pay already accounted for just over a quarter of all hospital bills. Illegal aliens also use false/stolen ID & SSN so others get stuck with bills they did not incur. This fraud lies at the heart of healthcare issues & costs. You're paying for those who refuse to pay, and will abscond, buy another stolen ID, etc. Anything to get freebies.

Under public charge laws, however, any non-citizen who uses public benefits is permanently barred from US citizenship & even green cards of legal immigrants can be revoked (with deportation/mandatory departure) for using public benefits. These laws need to be more stringently enforced. They've been on the books for years, so enforce them, and end the gravy train for illegals. This would save hundreds of billions of dollars, and more Americans could more readily afford their own health insurance & health care.

• Sally

no silly.  Of course not.  Black Africans receive free healthcare in the United States of America.  

It usually causes bankruptcies with people who would rather buy toys than pay for their health insurance. But some responsible people do go bankrupt. The medical care in the US is cutting edge and there are many medicines available here that are not available in socialized countries. So the survival rate for many major illnesses is much higher in the US. Yes, illegal immigrants go bankrupt but since they have no assets it is no big deal. They are often using assumed names anyway so they can change names.

Hospitals have a no refusal policy meaning that anyone that shows up at the hospital, they will be treated. People that don’t pay, the costs is passed down to people that pay. 

Everyone is just 1 medical emergency away from bankruptcy. I have a great medical plan where everything is paid by insurance for the past 20+ years but recently, for no apparent reason, I started getting a bill for $150. 

If someone does not have good medical insurance and they suffer a devastating illness then yes, they can have a financial crisis due to the medical bills. 

Illegal aliens generally give a false name when they get medical treatment. 

• ibu guru

It's emergency Medicaid, not Medicare. And it is difficult to qualify, e.g. you cannot have any assets such as owning a home (even if it is mortgaged to the hilt).