Do those who find Jehovah's Witnesses restrictive think so because they want to?
1) have sex without being married and the Jehovah's Witnesses says nu-uh
2) worship another God and the Jehovah's Witnesses says nu-uh
3) have the option to lie to people and the Jehovah's Witnesses says nu-uh4) join the military with the prospects of killing another person and the Jehovah's Witnesses says nu-uh5) practice other religions traditions and the Jehovah's Witnesses says nu-uh
- Yellow CanaryLv 61 month agoFavorite Answer
What have sex without marriage brought to the couple and their parents? Are there not many boys and men in this world who are not good fathers or even dads at all. Millions of unwed moms have one or more babies to take care of without the fathers. When I went to school, most kids had their biological parents living together and married. Today, however, there is no commitment on either side. What a shame that so many children do not know their fathers and some don't know their mothers. As for lying, who would ever want to be lied to or about? Lies hurt and destroy. As far as the military, the Bible says: "the nations sacrifice to the demons and not to God." --1 Corinthians 10:20--Besides that, Jesus told us that we must love our enemies and pray for them.--Matthew 5:43-45-- Since you are a part of Satan's world, you would not understand what love and commitment really mean. You can learn, though, if you go to the international website, jw.org and Bible Teachings > Online Lessons. The great tribulation is near at hand and many are turning to Jehovah God and his high principles as we preach from door to door from North Pole to Antarctica. This is your opportunity at least to look into the Bible and its message for us sinners. Thank you for this question.
- TommyLv 51 month ago
Christians in general like to boast of the large percentage of the world population that are Christians. Once the denominational breakdowns are factored in, the whole picture looks different. Just telling someone that Christianity is the true religion is not accurate. If a non believer decides to follow one of the Christian denominations, they will become part of the interfaith Christianity battle. The Protestant/Catholic battle is a huge split on the Christianity front. They proclaim things about one another based on what they have been told about one another. I have been a member of the Catholic church and at one point converted to the Lutheran church (Missouri Synod). Lutherans proclaim that the bible used by the Catholics is completely different from the Lutheran one. The only difference between the two is a couple relatively unimportant old testament books are excluded from the Lutheran version. The books that remain are word for word identical. The Sunday morning church service or mass is very similar. The creeds declaring what is believed are identical. When two things so similar can shout and proclaim such differences when only minor differences exist in reality, credibility goes out the stained glass window. As for the JW's. I find them no more and no less annoying than any other denomination of Christianity as a whole.
- DavidLv 71 month ago
It's more the hundreds of non-Biblical prohibitions they've come up with.
- NousLv 71 month ago
148 year old pretenders to be Chrsitian - just ignore the frauds!
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 month ago
1) Jehovah sets the rules and therefore, we follow those rules. Stops unwanted pregnancies. Diseases etc.
2) There is no other Creator, but Jehovah. He demands absolute worship and has every right to, since He is our Creator.
3) Why should it be ok to lie? It hurts and causes distrust.
4) How can a person say they are a christian, if they want to kill others, even if in the name of the country and anyway, no country is above another.
5) Again, our Creator demands sole worship and anyone loving Him, will not want to join other faiths.
There are no restrictions, when the heart is pleased to worship Jehovah.