Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Pad trained?

Hi everyone! I got a puppy about a month and a half ago and he was doing great peeing on pads! (I live in Chicago so it’s hard to take him outside a lot) he still went on walks and peed outside well. After I got him neutered he has been acting up. He doesn’t go on any pads anymore instead he goes right on my bed or the carpet. Any idea why? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Why is that you do not have the intellect to housetrain a dog correctly and your home has become a dogs sewer.... Only you can change that by taking the dog out BEFORE it needs to relieve itself... That way it learns also to ask to go out... Believe it or not..... Dump the filthy pads and housetrain your dog correctly

To vacate OUTSIDE of your home and not INSIDE IT.....Or it will remain a dogs sewer put simply

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Of course he does because you stupidly TRAINED him to go indoors.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Rub his nose in it for 30 minutes.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why?  Because you have taught him you are ok with him using the house for his potty area.  Dogs don't pee and poop in one place like a cat would.  Pads are a scam in "house training" a dog - take the dog outside every few hours to pee/poop and ditch the pads in the house.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It always happens that way when you use those nasty things, pee pads. It soon becomes all throughout the house. Anywhere & everywhere. Yep, more likely or not they will go anywhere they have the need. Because it is all under a roof/ceiling. It is okay to pee & poop under that roof/ceiling.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not natural for a dog to want to pee on a pee pad (or pee indoors).

You've taught him to pee indoors.   You've created a problem. 

If your living situation prohibits you from properly training the dog to pee outdoors, then you shouldn't have a dog. 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When an owner teaches the pup to use those pads inside, that teaches the pup that it is acceptable to toilet inside the house, once the dog gets older, they will choose where to toilet inside  as you trained it, which is why you should never train a pup it is acceptable to toilet inside the house

• Laura
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He is doing this because to him there is no difference between using the pee pads and peeing on your bed.  You trained him to pee inside so thats what he is doing. 

Its not that fun to take a dog out when the weather isn't great, but thats what you signed up for when you adopted this puppy. 

Take him outside to pee every time he needs to go.

• 1 month ago

The only people to benefit from these wretched pads, are the manufacturers.   Your puppy is doing what he's now doing because he has never learnt that the ONLY place he should be emptying is OUTSIDE.   So you live in Chicago - so what!!   Ideally it's a better idea to get a puppy into the better weather, once the worst of the cold/snow etc has gone but it's still not impossible to get a dog OUTSIDE to attend to business.  We spent a number of years, with puppies, in Canada and nothing there stopped us getting house-training done without the need for pads even if at times we had to be out there clearing a good area for the hounds to use.

As you've not done housetraning from the start, you are now looking at 'untraining' the pad use /indoor use, and training him PROPERLY.   Go back to puppy one - take him out every couple of hours and once overnight.   If you can't supervise, use a crate but for no longer than 3 hours max, for a puppy, if that and certainly overnight.

Castration won't cure all that's wrong with the pup and if you hoped for this, you will be disappointed.  Training, and more training!

• 1 month ago

Your biggest mistake was using pee pads at all.  YOU TRAINED him that it's ok to pee and poop inside your home, and now you're wondering why he's eliminating on your bed and on the carpet.  Throw out the damn pads and start HOUSEBREAKING  him.  Do you know what housebreaking is?  It means that he's NOT suppose to poop or pee inside your home, so start housebreaking him properly, as you should before you ever decided to use those damn useless pads.  Living in Chicago has nothing to do with you housebreaking a puppy other than your laziness.  I've live in a suburb of Detroit for my entire life which is 64 years, and we have similar weather to where you live.  I have NEVER used "pads" in my house, but rather got off my butt no matter how cold or how much snow there is, and taken a pup outside to pee and poop, AS SHOULD BE, from day one of getting a pup.  If you do have snow, shovel an area in your yard and take your puppy to that place to pee and poop.  You won't freeze to death, and neither will that puppy freeze in probably under 10 minutes time.  You can do this, and should, or you're never going to housebreak your puppy which will turn into and adult who thinks it's allowed to pee and poop all over your house for the next 10+ years.  Get with the program and do it right!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.