Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

my boyfriends parents hate kiwis, what do I do?

My boyfriend 

recently informed his parents that he and I were dating and they were not pleased to say the least. They immediately asked about my race and upon finding out I was a kiwi, whom they despise, they threatened to make him move in with his parents far away if he didn’t break up with me. I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A "kiwi" is a bird and a fruit, it isn't a "race". If you're trying to say this guy's parents hate what is perhaps the most benign nationality on the planet then you should probably end things with him because these people sound crazy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Nothing much you can do. Would you want to be associated with this couple of racist parents? Anyway, the choice is up to your boyfriend isn't it.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What is their reasoning besides the fact of where you're from? Do they know WHO you are as a person? Kiwis are often quite attractive and have big hearts! You're dating him not his parents... but unfortunately they can make your life miserable.

• 2 months ago

Being a Kiwi (a person from New Zealand ) is a nationality, not a race. If he is unwilling to stand up to them then let him go. He's isn't man enough for a girl like you!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Kiwi isn't a race.

Do you mean that you're maori?

Why would they despise maoris?

Is your boyfriend from a rural Australian white family? Some silly Aussies sometimes say they hate New Zealanders.

You ask what you can do.

Nothing. There's nothing YOU can do about THEIR opinions. Your boyfriend however can do something. He can choose whether to be with you and ignore his racist family or stick with them and finish things with you.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Switch them to another fruit, i know it's weak, its still early

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.