Joshua asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

In ww2 who treated their prisoners worse? Germans, soviets or Japanese?

I hear and see horrible stories from how all three sides treated their prisoners worse than animals. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Probably the Japanese,

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

The general consensus is that Germany or Japan did.

By coincidence, however, the Soviet Union was the only one of the three that was on the side of the Allies. Consequently, their 20 million victims are overlooked, while Germany and Japan, who, as enemy countries, have been demonized far beyond the scope of "believable" are painted as criminals against humanity.

But these are largely the result of baseless hate propaganda. There was no country (Allies included) that did not commit war crimes. One of Japan's worst reputations involves what is known as "the rape of Nanking". There is evidence, however, that suggests this as a false accusation - not unlike the "Holocaust" theme that was invented to condemn Germany.

Of the three countries mentioned, Germany did sign the Geneva Convention and abided by it much closer than the Allies did. Hitler was only accused of genocide (within weeks of becoming Chancellor), while the Allies DID commit genocide (Dresden, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki) but were never made to answer for it. As seen in the recent Supreme Court confirmation scandal of Brett Kavanaugh, "guilt by accusation" is an acceptable way of dispatching your enemies.

This is where the concept of "the winners write history" comes into play. The winners bury their crimes under the umbrella of "justified" and paint themselves to be the "righters of wrong" and "saviors of democracy".

• 2 months ago

The Germans of course

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"I hear and see horrible stories from how all three sides treated their prisoners worse than animals"

So why try to create a league table of them? It is juvenile and futile.

• Joshua2 months agoReport

I’m not trying to create a league table. Don’t get the wrong idea

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.