Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I've been dating this girl for a year and she just sent me a text saying she wants to kill herself?

Okay so like, long story short we believe that I have herpies right now and are waiting to get my blood test results back. I've already done alot of talking with my girlfriend to let her know that everything is okay and I've literally been so chill about this situation because I love her and nothing will change that. So this morning she sent me this text and I don't know how to feel about it, it really does make me feel like **** as I feel as I'm not making her happy. Here's the text. Some of the picture got cut off but the rest says (I really think I should see some king of mental health specialist bc ik if I could find a painless way to stop living, I would have done it already. So much is going through my mind right now) I don't really know what to do. I feel really bad but I also feel like I'm not doing enough. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you 

Favorite Answer

Im a suicidal girl, I talk about it with my boyfriend a lot just because we're very open with emotions and don't ever ever bottle things up. From day 1. We started as friends and he'd help me work through stuff then it turned into more as we got closer. He knows it's not his fault and he does his best to help me. When im happy hes happy he cheered me up. When im sad he knows not take it personally. Hes the sweetest person ever for how much he helps me out. And I help him out too! It's not like our whole relationship is some struggle where hes taking care of me either. We have a normal relationship and hes also just very good at listening and cheering me up. Its just so supportive and loving. 

Depressed people aren't unworthy partners and its never the other partner's fault for how they're feeling. Please know it's not your fault! Never your fault if a friend, partner, or family member is feeling suicidal. It doesn't mean youre not enough. You ARE enough. 100% sure you are making her happy or she wouldn't get personal with you about her emotions. People only share that with someone they trust. She should see a therapist if she thinks it would help. Nothing wrong with that. I have friends with zero depression who still see a therapist weekly to "get things out of their system". The stigma around mental health needs to stop. Your girlfriend is NOT "mentally crazy" for expressing her feelings. She's not gonna "kill you" or "falsely accuse you of rape" (wtf ana?). I wonder why the other answerer is so uncomfortable with women expressing their emotions. Maybe Ana has learned to repress her emotions and takes it out on other women.

Its a bad sign when someone calls another person crazy for expressing emotions. It just means theyre uncomfortable with their own emotions and they try to find a way to tell themselves they could never be like that. They insist it's something wrong with the person expressing emotion. She equates someone expressing emotion to a murderer to dehumanize them and separate herself even more. That's how ashamed Ana feels about showing emotion, sadly.

People can be suicidal for so many reasons, even if everything is perfect on paper. You are enough and it's NEVER a problem with you. Always remember that! What David said is also good advice, let her know how much it would hurt you if she were to take her life and let her know you're there for her and love her no matter what.

• Foofa

You could tell her that you'll be right over to take her to ER. Or that you'll send the police by for a welfare check. When people threaten suicide just for attention this will usually get them to calm down. But you're right, whether she's truly suicidal or not she does need mental health care.

• Ana

She’s mentally crazy. She’s also cheating on you. She doesn’t respect you but she says what you wanna hear so you’ll stick around. She’ll keep cheating if you stay with her.

It’s your decision but I recommend you dump her and then download tinder and start looking for some better options

Dump her before you start looking though. It’s a bad idea to cheat on a crazy girl. Then she might either kill you or falsely accuse you of rape

Just call her up and talk to her ffs, how effing retarded are people these these days communicating through texts

You say that you really love this girl. If it were me, I  would tell her that I forgive her even before I received the results of the test and if she thinks this has really hurt me, then she needs to know that taking her life would hurt me a thousand times more. I'd tell her that there is really nothing she could say or do that would make me love her any less. I'd close by saying that I loved her more than mere words can express and that I looked forward to the next time I could show her how much I actually love her.

She sounds like a keeper Michael. Broken little girls make the world go round and round.